Monsoon Special – Healthy Snack Ideas for rains and the chill climateby Giani Joseph Nutritionist
Rains have finally hit India and for someone who loves this season must know that rainy days are incomplete without savouring on these lip-smacking delicacies. Here’s a list of 5 amazing and easy snack recipes that you can try out this season. And if you aren’t much of a rain lover, you can resort to grocery delivery service without stepping out in the rain or getting wet.
1. Bread Pakoda: One of the easiest and quickest rainy day recipes is the Bread Pakoda. Here’s how to make it. All you need to do is grab a loaf of bread, some besan, salt and masalas and you are good to go. To prepare this yummy recipe, all you need to do is cut each piece of bread into two halves. Next, prepare a consistent besan mixture by adding besan, chilli powder and salt in a bowl. Now, slowly and steadily add water to the mix to form a semi solid base. Next, dip the bread into this besan mix and deep fry it on high flame for 2 minutes.
2. Onion Pakoda: One of the best recipes for rainy days is a serving of onion pakoda along with tamarind sauce. This is as simple as the bread pakoda, all you need to do is switch the bread with long thin slices of onions and you are good to go. Deep fry and serve hot with your favourite sauce.
3. Tomato Soup with Bread Croutons: For the soup, you can try out any ready-to-make soups from Knorr, Maggi, Chings or any other brand of your liking. To make bread croutons, cut you bread into small cubes. Deep fry these cubes in oil and add it to your soup as garnish. Tomato Soup is considered as a healthy snack idea for those trying to avoid besan.
4. Steamed Dumplings: For someone who is fan of wonton soups, momos and dumplings, this recipe works wonders. Cut some carrots, cottage cheese, spring onions. Now stir fry them alongside a tbsp of schezwan sauce, chilli sauce and a touch of soy. Add salt to taste. Take some wonton sheets or use maida flour for your dumplings outer covering. Add spoonful of the mix you just cooked onto the sheet and close the opening using a little water. In a steamer, place all the dumplings side by side and let it cook for 5 minutes. Serve hot with a side of red sauce.
5. French Fries: When you are bored to try out rainy day snacks you can always resort to the age-old perennial food love – French fries. They are easy, simple and quick to work on. All you need to do is cut the potatoes in the shape of fries and deep fry them on high flame until golden. Next, sprinkle and mix some peri peri masala + salt. Serve with tomato ketchup on the sides and its done!
These 5 rainy day snacks will do you good for
the entire season. You can always avail whatsapp shopping or
grocery delivery service, if you are too lazy to leave your home or don’t wish
to step out in the rain.
Created on Jul 23rd 2019 04:08. Viewed 150 times.