Online Counseling Services – Convenient and Affordableby Bill Per Call Pay Per Call Services
Online counseling services is a popular therapeutic service that is now used by a large number of people across the states. This type of service has many advantages over traditional, face to face counseling sessions that are offered just about in every community. Obviosuly, just like any other product or service, it has its own cons, but they shouldn't be of that much concern to people who seek online counseling services. Online counseling nowadays includes chat, pc to pc telephone sessions, video calling, live video sessions, etc,. This service is dependent on the computer and the internet, so if either of these are unavailable, you cannot hope for a smooth and mutual communication.
Online counseling is also reliant a great deal on the internet service providers because a computer attached to an internet connection is nothing but useless without being connected to the phone or cable lines. Online users are increasing at staggering rate these days, thanks largely to reduced costs of personal computers, laptops, tablets, as well as wide accessibility of internet services. Getting online has become as easy as taking a walk in the park! Online shopping, banking, research, and communication via various social media apps are as common as having a mobile phone is. Widespread use on internet on computers and mobile phones has also made many professionals launch their own online counseling services with minimum costs and maximum productivity.
This article is composed with intention of outlining some of the pros and cons of online counseling for readers. Read on to know more about it.
Pros of Online Counseling
• Convenience is the greatest advantage of online counseling services. Everyone is trying to save his/her time of commuting from point A to point B and vice versa. Online counseling offers a great deal of convenience to people who do not have enough time to visit a couselor for physical, face to face counseling session. They can call online counselors from the comfort of their own home or just about anywhere.
• Online counseling is less expensive than regular face to face counseling. Regular therapy sessions can cost anywhere from $60 to $120 per hour. Online counseling charges callers on flat rate basis or call per minute basis.
• Another noteworthy advantage is that online counseling allows callers to remain anonymous. Self disclosure and honesty is witnessed more frequently in the cases of online counseling as compared to traditional counseling where people tend to hesitate in opening up to their physical counselors.
Cons of Online Counseling Services
• Online counseling does not offer visual cues and clues like posture, gesture, facial expressions, etc, which can provide a great deal of information to couselor as well as the patient.
• It lacks paraverbal elements like rate, rhyme, tone and volume of speech, which act as a great source of information to counselor.
• Online counseling is convenient, but only if you have a computer and an internet connection. You should also be able to use keyboard so that you can convey the problem to a counselor on the other side of the line.
• Customers need to pay in advance to avail online counseling services, even if the counselor is an unknown professional who may fail to meet the needs of his clients.
Created on May 4th 2018 00:37. Viewed 313 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.