Need Help Choosing a Dining Room Table? Check Out These Shapes, Materials, & Stylesby David Williams Furniture Bank Factory Outlet
What’s the one place your family gathers most often? The dining room would be the most common answer. That’s why the dining room table is an essential home furniture piece, among others. Placed at the focal point, it becomes a perfect gathering spot. However, choosing a table that complements the fashion state, style, and design of your dining room makes it more appealing. And, various types of Dining Room Table available in the furniture market make it difficult to make a choice.
Here’s a quick guide to various materials, shapes, and styles so that you can make an informed choice.
Dining Room Table Materials
These are some common materials used in dining room tables:
· Glass: A tabletop made of glass is airy, elegant, and modern, and is simple to clean. Frame options include wood, metal, and graphite. Get this material for a sophisticated look or add a simple vase containing flowers to create a great impression.
· Wood: Yes! That’s another popular tabletop option. The versatility of the material (softwood, composite, and hardwood) makes it a great furniture choice.
· Metal: Need something durable as well as sturdy? Pick this one without a doubt. Metal makes your tabletop stain-resistant and adds a modern styling element. Do you know what places make a great fit for metal? Contemporary and industrial setups are the best matches.
· Synthetic: Here’s a pick if you are looking for a lightweight, reasonably durable, and also less expensive material. It can be used to resemble other types like organic teak, wood, etc.
· Marble: Does that remind you of any part of the home? The kitchen it is. Besides, being only used for kitchen countertops, it is a common material for a luxurious dining room table as well. It’s elegance, rich tone, and simple cleaning ability make it a great choice.
What are the Different Shapes of Dining Room Tables?
There’s one for every preference and space. Check out these common shapes:
· Rectangular: 4 corners of a flat top. That’s the most common table shape and works great for open homes.
· Oval: Got less space? We got you covered. Ovals take less space and fit in perfectly well. They are simple to place as well.
· Square: This one’s an excellent choice for the square areas but consumes more space.
Table Styles for Dining Room
Would you wish your dining room to be usable but ugly? Well, no one wants that. Go through some common forms of dining room tables:
· Pedestal: It generally features a mini tabletop with single column support underneath that’s around 3-4 feet over the ground. If your room has limited space, this table is a perfect pick with small footprints and not-that-long tabletops.
· Rustic Modern: Like fusion? This one adds modern features to rustic elements like wood tabletops. Common materials for rectangular tops are steel and aluminum.
· Farmhouse: Another rustic choice here. These tables are made heavy with distressed wood to add an aged look to your dining room table. Most of the farmhouse tables contain sturdy rectangular tabletops and thick legs.
· Traditional Ovals: Love exploring designs? Search for conventional ovals with double or single pedestals as common add-ons. Other features include trestle supports and four legs. The tables are mainly constructed using wood and are stained, not painted.
We hope this knowledge of dining room table styles, shapes, and materials helps you pick the right options for you.
Created on Aug 11th 2020 00:54. Viewed 347 times.