Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5?by Levin Smith Microsoft Certified Technician
Want to know the procedure to deal with QuickBooks unexpected error 5? If yes, then make sure to read the post till the end. QuickBooks unexpected error 5 is seen when the QuickBooks database service user is restricted to access the file location. It appears on the screen with an error message that states “Got unexpected error 5 is a call to NetShareGetInfo for Path”. The user can come across such an error due to invalid entries in the windows registry or the system is not configured accordingly. Read this post till the end to find out what procedures to be performed to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 5. However, if the user needs any of our assistance at any point of time in dealing with such an error, then contacting us at 1-844-405-0906 is recommended.
Factors causing the issue
Following factors can cause QuickBooks unexpected error 5:
- Registry entry or system file gets deleted mistakenly
- Any sort of virus or malware attack
- Or if the system shuts down incorrectly
- Also, if there are invalid entries in the windows registry
- Moreover, improper installation of QuickBooks leads to unexpected error 5
You may see also: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12057?
Steps to fix the QuickBooks error code 5
The user can try performing the below steps related to using QuickBooks file doctor tool, in order to get rid of the QuickBooks unexpected error 5. Let us have a look:
- At first, download and install QuickBooks file doctor at the Intuit official website
- After that, the tool will check the files and folders in the system and correct the hosting settings accordingly
- Once the QuickBooks file doctor tool is installed, the user can access and control the system through permission level setting
- The user can also repair and locate the damaged files in QuickBooks software
See also: set up a clearing account in QuickBooks
We end the post here with the hope that the above-stated information might be of some help in dealing with QuickBooks unexpected error 5. However, if for some reason the user isn't able to, then in that case contacting our QuickBooks premier support team at +1-888-351-0999 is recommended. We are a team of technically sound QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services immediately.
Created on Oct 17th 2022 05:05. Viewed 65 times.