Major Differences Between Revit Architecture And Structureby Ravi Bhadauria ADMEC Multimedia Institute
Most of the design and constructions ideas starting from concept to construction with a coordinated and consistent model-based approach can be made using Autodesk Revit tool. It has further two very important tools Revit Architecture and Structure which is used by industry experts. Autodesk Revit Architecture is a tool which is mainly used for modelling and detailing, that is best suited for architects and modelling purposes. On the other hand, Revit Structure is a structured tool that is principally used by structural engineers.
Autodesk Revit Architecture
- Autodesk Revit Architecture is a robust tool which is primarily used for architectural designing and documentation. Autodesk has developed this software and is often used by draftsmen and architect professionals. It's tools and features are designed in such a way to provide backing to building information modeling (BIM) related workflows.
- It also assists building professionals to design intricate building structures exactly as per the requirements and help them document by taking less amount of time.
- Architecture is used for creating some of the intelligent models is for entire project representation and is stored in a single database file. If any kind of modifications is done in one part of the model, then it will be inevitably be reflected to other parts of the model as well, therefore enhancing the overall workflow for Revit Architecture users.
- It is mainly used for documenting and modeling some of the major structures which support buildings and several structures. Conventionally it is used for analysis or detailing of structural models but it can be changed over time as competences upsurge and enhancements in Revit models.
Advantages of Revit Architecture
- There are several benefits of using Revit architecture for individuals who are pursuing their career in this field and other building professional fields which can also from this application of Revit Architecture.
- This application not only enhances the productivity but also helps to restructure all the documentation and design workflows for users.
- This software has many features like Autodesk 360 integration, physical materials for building performance analysis, construction modeling, bidirectional associativity, parametric components which can enhance productivity
Advantages of Revit Structure
- No doubt 3D models can be generated with the help of AutoCAD can generate 3D models, but Revit structure is more complete models to be created. Architects, structural, mechanical, electrical engineers, and any other discipline can model their respective elements in any project. The result will be something which is used to create 3D walkthrough videos for clients, detect conflicts, create comprehensive construction drawing sets, and much more.
- Revit's instinctive interface and tool pallet are not as complex as AutoCAD and no knowledge of shortcut commands will be required for creating a project. Users just need to know how to use tools efficiently which are available.
- Revit structure is best for creating sheets. If anything is changed in a view, this program will update all references. If you add more details to a sheet, Revit will automatically update the reference number and sheet number anywhere else in the document. As soon as additional materials and members are added, Revit will update schedules automatically. In short, it will take care every minute detail which are important to complete any task.
Although most of the design specialists think of Revit Architecture is being the strongest when it comes to Architecture, but many professionals believe that the structural tools for beams, columns, joists, etc are great in Revit Structure. It is not a recommended solution for engineering sizing, but it's a great tool for "3D BIM" coordination and documenting steel sizes and locations. Autodesk's Revit is a powerful Building Information Modeling (BIM) package whichever architect want. If you want to master both the application then the option is to join a professional training institute which makes you understand the difference between two in depth.
Created on Jun 13th 2018 00:47. Viewed 524 times.