Love Indian Sarees? 6 Tricks To Detect Duped Benarasi Sarees In Just 60 Seconds!by Anika Shaw SEO India
Have you ever been sucked in by the beauty of Banaras weaves, but you don't know how to tell what's real from what's fake? When making a purchase, keep a few things in mind.
How to judge the authenticity of a weave:
1. Buying handcrafted products that have
certifications from local agencies, such as Craft Mark, is the best way to
identify whether they are Indian or not. You can buy elegant Banarasi
silk dupattas online in India.
2. The reverse side of the sari can be used to determine whether a sari is authentic. They will look very different at the back if done by hand since they will have a lot of thread work attached there. A sari with floats would be original only.
3. A Banarasi saree can also be identified by a patch between six and eight inches long on the pallu.
4. A traditional Mughal sari usually features motifs like amru, ambi, and domak. Authentic Banarasi sarees would not feature designs created by Persian artists in India.
5. Make sure the seller is authentic by reading their online feedback and reviews before purchasing an expensive Banarasi silk saree online. Check the seller's social media profiles and online reviews to verify that they deal in real Banarasi sarees and have a solid reputation.
6. The Banarasi saree is made from pure silk threads and gold or silver zari threads, which are very costly. It requires weeks or even months to weave cloth. Banarasi sarees are quite expensive due to these factors.
In short, fake Banarasi sarees are most likely to be found cheaply. The deal that seems too good to be true probably is fake.
The Bottom Line
Created on Sep 16th 2021 12:18. Viewed 164 times.