Learn Best Methods to Resolve Brother Printer Error Code 71
by Johnson Jack Johnson Jack
In the present era, printers are becoming an essential part of our lives as it makes our life easy, simple and stress-free. Well, there are various printer brands available in the market which offers a range of printer models. However, due to the increasing demand for printers, Brothers are one of the largest manufacturers of printers and other computer related equipments. Additionally, these printers are compatible for home as well as office users. Apart from this, many business users can save lots of money by simply installing a top-quality laser printer and able to attach it with the local area network. Alternatively, Brothers are a well-known brand for providing top-quality printers with amazing features and services. Well, it is an electronic device, sometimes while taking a print with your Brother printer, it immediately shows an error code 71 which is quite common and encounters by many Brother printer users across the country.
The Brother Printer Error Code 71 occurs due to some issue in the printer scanner motor or any technical fault in the printer. Usually, this print unable 71 displays on the printer’s display unit. For resetting the machine, one may need to use the ‘Power Switch’ tab and power off the printer. However, the Brother printer error code 71 message has to deal with the laser unit polygon motor. The polygon motor generally runs 20 to 40 thousands RPMs which completely depends on the performance of the machine. Additionally, whenever the polygon motor is unable to reach its operating speed in a fixed period of time, the printer is showing the same message which says ‘Unable to Print 71’. In order to troubleshoot the error code 71, you may need to follow a few simple steps which we discussed below. Follow the steps and easily resolve the error in a moment.
Steps to Resolve Brother Printer Error Code 71
Before discussing the steps, we advise you to follow the steps in the proper sequence as these steps are more tricky and time-consuming, therefore, if you follow the steps in the same series as mentioned below will save lots of time and efforts. Know how to resolve it:
- Firstly, carefully check the firmware version of the printer to ensure that your Brother printer is working on the right settings or not. Verify that your printer is working on the latest firmware.
- Once successfully updated, follow the next steps and check the reason behind the error.
- Now, long press the ‘Power’ tab to turn off the brother printer and wait for few seconds, again power on the printer by pressing the ‘Power’ button located on the printer screen.
- On the other hand, Brother printers can be turned off for up to 4 days without even losing the faxes in the memory. After four days, if the date and time displays appear on the screen, this indicates that the issue is fixed.
- In case, Brother printer error code 71 still occurs on the screen; then your Brother printer needs service. Thus, if there are some faxes stored in memory, then one of the best options is to transfer it to another fax machine easily.
- For this, print as per the ‘User’ settings by simply pressing the ‘Menu’ option.
- Press the ‘Print Reports’ tab.
- Navigate to the ‘Users Settings’ and click on the ‘Start’ tab.
- Once the user’s settings correctly applicable, then this error will not repeat on the screen.
Johnson Jack is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Brother Printer Support and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.
Created on Apr 3rd 2019 13:42. Viewed 371 times.