Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification and Levelsby ProSigma India ProSigma: Best Lean Six Sigma Trainings in India
Six Sigma was term coined by Motorola for their group of Project-Management and statistical techniques used to create processes with very low defect count such as 3.4 DPMO (Defects per million opportunities) for a six sigma process. Coming to the Methodology, It is a problem-solving methodology encapsulated in a Project Management methodology and seeks to reduce errors/defects and reduce process variations.
There are levels within the six sigma paradigm which signify different levels of competency and experience required by a team member to effectively contribute in an improvement project using six sigma methodologies.
Now coming to “Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate” Program, this is a certification designed to impart a student enough know-how of this methodology to be able to become a significant contributor in any six sigma process improvement project and even lead smaller improvement projects by him/herself, as a Green belt is familiar or must be familiar with all phases of DMAIC (the six sigma project management flow)
Typical Green Belts have more knowledge and experience that White and Yellow belts, but need guidance from the more knowledgeable Black (advanced) and Master Black Belt (experts).
These days industry uses Lean Six Sigma more as it integrates Lean with Six Sigma, and lean is value adding, waste reducing methodology perfected in Japan starting with Toyota; To do a program for Lean Six Sigma Green Belt in Delhi NCR, India or anywhere else, one must select an institute which can really instill confidence and explain mechanics of real world lean six sigma scenarios with appropriate examples like that from ProSigma. The advantage here is the focus on individual student with ample support after the program. ProSigma (www.prosigmaindia.com) also has a free Lean Six Sigma White belt certification to know more about Lean Six Sigma, the white belt program is a free/basic/intro program, but the Yellow belt and upward programs are Instructor Led and very interactive with all the Software tools being taught and real world work simulations. The program duration is best among their competition at an awe inspiring 54 hours, many (most) competitors are not even offering this with their black-belt (next level) program.
And, don’t get me wrong, you need to learn software but you will also need to learn these software packages “IN-CONTEXT”, what i mean to say is that if you do not understand when to use what and the basic formulas and logic behind these, they can become confusing for a newcomer. In Short a Green Belt program needs to be interactive so you can benefit from it, course content and course duration of the institutes needs to be checked, it must atleast be on an average 40+ hours as per various guidelines such as IASSC.
Now, Let me also summarize various levels of Lean Six Sigma programs:
· Level 1: Lean Six Sigma White Belt Certification: Intro level designed more as a power packed brochure and intro for stats, lean tools and for Lean Six Sigma Methodology in general. Knowledge is Power, can be done by anyone. Get free Certification for this level via ProSigma (@prosigmaindia)
· Level 2: Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification: Ideal Basic program, with not a full DMAIC coverage, but enough basic stats, lean tools and knowledge to become a process improvement team member.
· Level 3: Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification: Mid-Level program, with a full DMAIC coverage, high stats usage and lean tools knowledge to become a process improvement team member and lead small projects. 1-2 years of experience in quality domain is welcome, but not a prerequisite.
· Level 4: Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification: Advanced program, full DMAIC coverage, excellent stats and lean tools, knowledge to become a process improvement team leader. 3–4 years of quality exp. or 1–2 years green belt exp. is desirable.
· Level 5: Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification: Expert program, full DMAIC coverage and more, Leading and Understanding business, stats and lean tools deep knowledge to lead a process improvement group. 3–4 years of exp. with black belt, publications, blogging and project exp. must have to do this.
Hope the above puts Lean Six Sigma Green Certification in right perspective.
Created on Jun 4th 2020 07:10. Viewed 184 times.