LAW FIRM MARKETING TIPS TO INCREASE YOUR CLIENT BASEby Shubham Yadav Digital Marketing Expert
The significance of law firm marketing is unquestionably has been increased in the last decade. According to the reports, legal field officially became over saturated in the year 2009. In the year 2018 also, a number of firms are still feeling this trend, and for some, it has a negative impact on the terms to find new clients. Moreover, there is tough competition for potential clients.
In the above-mentioned situation, the importance of law firm marketing is increased the number of times. It can be witnessed now that most of the law practices are looking for a better way to find more clients. There are five different ways that you can use to woo and convert new clients for your law firms and to outperform your competitors.
- Track, measure and analyze all the aspects of your law firms and its online presence.
- Convert the website of your law firm into 24/7 sales representative.
- Make the investment in SEO, Social Media Marketing and Content Marketing for your law firm.
- Expand your online presence outside of your website with video marketing, social media, PPC and local SEO.
- Do the digital competitive analysis.
Let’s have a look at all these ways comprehensively.
1. Track, measure and analyze all the aspects of your law firms and its online presence.
First, you need to analyze profit, marketing strategy, etc. of your law firm. As digital marketing is the prominent way of promotion in the present scenario, so you are also required to analyze your online presence. There are different reasons because of which you need to measure the online presence of your firm
I. Significant Search Engine Algorithm Changes Have Been Witnessed
The algorithm changes of Google occur every day in reality. The prominent, as well as sudden changes, are often announced or attract the attention of the industry’s watchdogs. It can cause anything in terms of search engine ranking of the websites. It can be from slightly lower ranking to the ranking below hundreds of other results
II. Updates in Webmaster Guidelines
A collection of the guideline is maintained by Google that they expect from webmasters to follow to appear in the search results. With the update of guidelines, it becomes significant to make sure that your website is in compliance. If the webmasters don’t follow these guidelines, your law firm website has the risk to be penalized in the search results.
III . Drop in Search Rankings without Reason
In 2018’s updates, Google tweeted that there is nothing wrong with the websites, whose rankings have been dropped after the updates, and the drop took place because they want to give a chance to the more deserving website. This tweet shows that the reason is just your competitiveness with other websites, and not any other reason. This is why you need to audit your law firm website.
IV. Your Competition in Digital Marketing Is Gaining Ground
Even if your website is on the top ranking now, you would have noticed that your competitors are moving fast behind you. In such situation, SEO audit can keep you one step ahead.
V. Major Changes in Your Website
When you do some major changes in your website, you need to SEO analysis of the website, because there may be some impact of the changes on the search results.
2. Convert the website of your law firm into 24/7 sales representative.
What do people search when they require something? Some of them go for the Yellow Pages, but nowadays 93% of people search online or find a local business. In the case of the law firm, it becomes more significant because a large number of clients are first timers in case of these services and most of them search Google find the law services in their areas.
So, it is confirmed that your law firm website is a number one asset for you. In order to attract the new clients for your website, you not just required to exist online. Your website should be fast, easily found, mobile friendly, appealing as well as authoritative. Here are the things that should be kept in mind.
- Half of the population wants your website to be opened in 3 seconds or less. If it doesn’t, they leave the site. So, the speed matters.
- More than 57 percent searches in the US takes place on smartphones or tablets. So, you must have a mobile-friendly law firm site for the law firm marketing.
- Your website should be easily found on the search engines like Google. Most of the law firms operate locally, so it should be kept in mind while doing online law firm marketing.
3. Make the investment in SEO, Social Media Marketing and Content Marketing for your law firm.
These days, when someone searches for the law firm SEO services or any other service on Google, 55% of clicks take place on the organic searches. So, it is good to invest in SEO for the law firm marketing. Things that are necessarily required for that purpose include.
- Optimization of the landing pages for action related keywords such as “legal advice for land disputed”.
- Adding the schema for attorneys.
- Adding relevant markup as well as keywords in the related image, title, and heading tags.
- Off-site local SEO.
- Content Marketing.
- But, investing in SEO is not just sufficient. Clients want a lawyer who has the authority. For this, you need to work on content and social media stuff. So, it is also very important today to invest in content marketing and social media marketing. Read our article about social media blogs to guide you on using various platforms to market your practice.
4. Expand your online presence outside of your website with video marketing, social media, PPC and local SEO.
Alas! All matches are not played on the home ground.
You also require working on the other online spaces also such as Google My Business listing, Facebook pages, Twitter profiles, Instagram business profiles and more and get the reviews. You also need to invest money in the paid search advertisements known as PPC, in order to make your law firm marketing more successful.
You are also required to do special work on local SEO. The local SEO is the practice to get your company on the top positions in the local search results. The local SEO works on the local pack, and it is different from the normal SEO.
The first thing you need to do is to update your information on Google My Business and Bing Places. To claim these places, you are required to add your phone number, address, business hours and reviews. Apart from them, you are also needed to add your details in the law directly listings such as:
5. Do a Digital Competitive Analysis.
It is not feasible for lawyers to waste time in ineffective law firm marketing strategies. So, you must require to measure as well as to track each and every advertisement campaign in order to find which law firm marketing strategies are successful and which are required to be changed or abandoned. You are also needed to do the analysis as compared to your competitors.
- Cost Per Lead (CPL)
- Return on marketing investment (ROMI)
- Lead-to-sale conversion rate
- Booking rate (from calls)
- Total new clients
To Sum Up
These are some of the major concerns you need to consider when you do the law firm marketing with online sources. You can do your marketing without any obstacle, but the problem arises where your competitors are trying to outperform you. So, you can take the assistance of the firms, which are providing the law firm digital marketing services. We also offer online law firm marketing services keeping all your requirements in mind. You can contact us and can get the full benefit of our services.
Originally published on https://www.canbayinc.com/blog/law-firm-marketing/
Created on Dec 5th 2018 23:44. Viewed 436 times.