Know the difference between face masks and face shieldsby Vinni S. SEO Executive
It is very rare to see that people are wearing face shields without having a face mask. Face shield looks more comfortable as compared with a tight face mask but still, it is ineffective.
As per the research, it is proved that airborne diseases are carried through the gap as offered in face shield. The Protective Face Shields can only trap the droplets of larger microns. As per the results, face shields are found to be less effective than masks.
People are relying on face shields to interact with other people by showing the full facial expression without any hassle. But alone face mask is not effective to protect us from this pandemic situation. Hence, experts suggest that we must apply both a face mask and shield on the place. For reducing the risk, the proper mask is mandatory while face shields work only as additional protection.
Why face masks?
Face masks delay the rapid transmission of the SARS-CoV-2 virus transmission. Politicians should guide the people for the proper usage of masks to survive in these circumstances. The relevant points are summarized in this regard.
We have already witnessed the surgical masks over the years. The role of face masks is essential as it is also included in every clothing accessories as well. People get blue masks with blue shirts in the market. A variety of colors, shapes, and material are used and makes it a business for the future.
The government has also applied the rule that people who are visiting malls, airports, or any other place having a huge population at a time must wear a face mask. Protection is in our hands to be free from any risk of airborne diseases.
Most masks are covering our nose and mouth. But still, it is not enough to give the proper protection against airborne and respiratory infections. Hence, we must know about some ‘protective masks’ to stay alive in this crucial period.
Face Shields for the protection against infections:
Face shields are also important with face masks. These are mainly useful for basic protection and isolation from dirt and particulate. It has different designs as per the place and occasion.
As you can see in airports, hospitals, and other important places, it is not enough to wear face masks. Face shields are also required and sometimes provided by office personnel.
It has various features as per its design.
• It is skid-resistant and carries limited fluid.
• It is lightweight and very soft. You would not feel any extra weight in the body.
• It is of good fit and comfortable. It is not as tight as a mask and hence there is no problem in compromising your comfort zone.
• It is compliant with ISO 14968 and ISO 14971 standards.
It is one kind of ‘personal protective equipment in which your whole and some part of the body is protected from flying particles and other debris. Protective Face Shields Supplier mentions all the details in their catalogue about which kind of face shield is more protective for us. It covers up all the deficiencies that happened by the only usage of face masks.
For the protection against the SARS-CoV-2 virus, the following masks should be used:
1. Every day used masks are no longer effective for virus protection. However, in places where there is little risk, one can assume wearing this mask. But in healthcare systems, shopping, walking, it is not advisable to wear.
2. The surgical masks can be preferred as Protective Face Shields as it is used by the patients. While medical staff feels free to use it over the decades, it would warrant no harm at all against aerosols.
3. FFP3 masks are advanced versions of FFP2 masks where user protection is mandatory while inhaling. We must be safe from particles and droplets. It also protects in case the exhaling valve is not present.
People must follow the WHO guidelines and make appropriate usage of protective masks.
Created on Apr 29th 2021 23:43. Viewed 194 times.