Know About Tasks of a Criminal Defense Lawyerby Kapil C. Digital Marketer
The judicial system is a three-part system that consists of the judge and a jury, the prosecutor, and the defense lawyer. Each of these parts has a specific role allotted to them. The prosecutor argues to prove the defendant’s guilt, and the defense lawyer protects the defendant. After hearing the arguments from both sides, the judge and the jury decide together based on the proof provided.
Criminal defense lawyer Delhi, also known as criminal lawyers, are entrusted with the huge responsibility of defending the accused in the court of law. They either work for a single individual or an organization, or any other entity charged with a crime. Each branch handles different crimes, ranging from embezzlement, fraud, theft, domestic violence, sex crimes, and drug peddling to other serious violent crimes.
The qualifications required to be a good criminal lawyer
The qualifications that are required to be a criminal attorney are discussed step-by-step as follows:
1. Education: The minimum education to become a lawyer is to complete a bachelor’s degree and obtain a law degree. To be a criminal lawyer, you need to follow these steps.
2. License: To obtain a lawyer’s license, an aspiring criminal attorney must pass the bar examination in the state where they intend to practice as a lawyer in the future.
3. Certification: After getting the license, some lawyers aim to earn a certification from their respective countries' national boards to add more value to their degree.
Criminal defense lawyer’s role and responsibility
A defendant needs to hire a defense lawyer as soon as possible when charged with a lawsuit. After that, the lawyers can think of how the defendant can be protected in the early stages, which may not be possible as the case progresses. These are:
1. A defendant might not be completely aware of his rights. In that case, the defense lawyer comes in handy to help the defendant understand all his rights.
2. The defense lawyer can claim for the defendant’s bail under certain acts that help the defendant prepare a defense that can benefit him.
3. The defense lawyer also can negotiate a deal with the prosecutor to reduce charges or even drop the case, sometimes by serving some benefit to the other party.
The defense lawyer also helps to counsel the defendant while the case is ongoing:
1. The defense lawyer helps the judge and the jury understand the defendant’s side of the case by presenting witnesses.
2. They can also advise the defendant to enter different pleas.
3. The defense lawyer knows which witnesses to call and when so that he can turn the case to his side.
4. They can also remove the jurors from the panel against them and be biased to the other side.
The Supreme Court can issue bail to someone even before the individual is arrested. This is called Anticipatory Bail from Supreme Court. NDPS Act bail lawyer who have experience in Supreme Court are experts and file slp in supreme court for their defendants.
Created on Dec 6th 2020 04:05. Viewed 240 times.