Key benefits of wheelchair accessible vehicle for a disabled individualby Thebus Center contractor
Disability vans or wheelchair vans are vehicles designed for accommodating the people in a wheelchair. These are versatile vans used for transporting disabled people to ensure their transport convenience. There are mainly two types of modifications that are done with these vans. The first one is where the person in the wheelchair is a driver and second when an individual is a passenger. The interior of these vans offer easy accessibility for the wheelchair to enter with the help of lift or ramp.
The wheelchair accessible vans are undergoing with two modifications which we have discussed briefly below:-
1. When the individual is a driver
- The floor portion is lowered and external access is added like a ramp lift or turning seat.
- The seats are comparatively bigger than standard vans because vans roof are
- raised about 10 inches
- If the roofs of vans are not high then the van floor is lowered
- Wheelchair lifts are both manual and automated. Automated lifts are beneficial for those who face difficulty in operating manual lifts.
2. When the disabled individual is a passenger
- Van floor is reinforced and seats are added
- Ramp or hoist is installed
With these modifications, the driver might take some time to know about the controls of the van. Buying a wheelchair van and bus provide various benefits like there is no need to manually lift the person to place in the passenger or driver seat because lifts and ramps can do this work. It allows you to take your disabled beloved loved ones with you on family trips or small holidays. Wheelchair vehicles provide convenient and comfortable transportation options for disabled people to travel along with their family or loved ones. Wheelchair cars come with the capacity of accommodating around 6 people whereas wheelchair buses have a large seating capacity of accommodating 15-20 people.
If you are planning to buy a wheelchair accessible bus or van for sale then you should consider these factors:-
· Be clear what type of wheelchair will be comfortable for a person- manual or automated
· Entry of van can be from both its side and rear, you need to choose the more suitable one
· Check the individual height in the wheelchair to ensure they fit comfortably in the van
· According to the family size you need to decide which is better van or bus
· Choose accessories that you want in the van.
Wheelchair van or bus is a blessing for disabled people who are facing difficulty in traveling. You can by wheelchair van as per your specification from the dealers which are dealing in it.
If you are looking for Wheelchair Accessible Buses for Sale then you can buy it from a trusted company like The Bus Center. It is one of the trusted companies which have huge Used Buses Inventory for Sale and renowned for providing the finest quality new and used buses at great prices.
Created on Sep 5th 2020 06:55. Viewed 158 times.