Is It Possible to Choose Olive Oil for Indian Cooking?by Luessi Dino I am a Writer
If you have been considering using olive oil for our everyday cooking, but have been putting it off, then you need to read this. The truth is that there are some changes that have to be made for a healthier lifestyle and olive oil is a choice thousands of people in India are making right now.
Using olive oil in India is not a problem of availability; every supermarket will have more than one brand on offer. However, adapting your mind to using olive oil instead of the refined oils you have been using till now is a big thing. But if you are determined, then it can be done easily.
Choose the Right Oil
There are several brands of the oil available in India. Your task is to choose something that is best for your family’s health. If you really want to give them the best, then choose a brand that imports straight from Italy. Italy has the world’s biggest production of olives and is known for the high quality of oils it exports to countries like ours. So an imported brand could be your passport to health and fitness.
The Right Variant
There are many different types of olive oils the Indian market has. It depends on you what the variant you buy should be. Following are the most common variants you can choose from:
· Extra Virgin Olive Oil: This is the variant that is perfect for drizzling on your dishes after you have cooked them. It is delicious and is great for salads and even yogurt. It adds punch, sweetness and flavour to your dishes.
· Cooking Olive Oil: This is the variant that you should buy if you want something that is right for everyday Indian cooking. Indian foods have to be cooked quite a bit to incorporate the masalas and hence this oil makes the perfect sense. From frying Pooris to making a simple Dal Tadka, this is what you need in your kitchen every day.
· Light Olive Oil: If you are trying to lose weight or looking for a low cholesterol cooking oil, then this should be the right choice. Trying to shed those kilograms after an illness or a baby can be very tough and you need all the help you can get. Reducing cholesterol is also important for health. This variant is just right!
What to make with it
After you have done all the above and need ideas on how to incorporate best olive oil available in India in your kitchen, then here’s help.
· Use it as Flavouring: This oil has a wonderful flavour and you can use it to flavour your yogurt, salads, dips and chutneys.
· Use it on roti: If you are used to smear your Rotis and Phulkas with ghee, switch it to olive oil and see the difference.
· Make Pastas and Rice Dishes: Indians love all sorts of pastas and rice dishes. Instead of using your normal cooking oil, use olive oil for these.
Created on Jul 19th 2018 08:07. Viewed 346 times.