Invisalign Care Doesn't Have To Be Hard. Read These Helpful Tipsby Cityscape Dental Dentist Saskatoon - Cityscape Dental Group
If you have Invisalign, congratulations! The series of clear aligners provided by your Invisalign dentist in Saskatoon will allow you to enjoy your beautiful and straight teeth for a lifetime.
With that said, caring for your Invisalign is the most important action to take throughout your journey. Continue reading to learn how you can achieve the best results with your aligners and avoid costly replacements.
Cleaning your Invisalign Aligners The Proper Way
1. Run your Invisalign aligners under lukewarm water. Do not rinse them with water that is too hot or too cold as this can damage them.
2. Apply a pea size amount of toothpaste to your soft-bristled toothbrush or retainer brush. Gently brush the inside and outside of the aligners using small, circular motions.
3. After you have finished brushing the inside and outside of the aligners, rinse them for a second time using lukewarm water.
4. Thoroughly investigate your aligners for any calcium or tartar build up. Your aligners are prone to tartar buildup, just like your teeth. Calcium or tartar build up will appear as a cloudy, white film that is difficult to remove with your toothbrush.
5. If your aligners have calcium buildup, soak them in a retainer or denture cleaning solution.
6. Lastly, insert the Invisalign aligners back into your mouth or in a case to dry off.
Proper Care Techniques for your Invisalign Aligners
You should clean your aligners each time your brush and floss. Although your aligners are removed when you eat, plaque or food particles can become lodged inside of your aligners causing them to smell. Not only that, but this can also lead to tooth decay hence why you should be cleaning them as much as possible.
Be sure that the cleaning solution you are using does not contain harsh ingredients that could damage your Invisalign. Do not soak your aligners in mouthwash as this can tint them. Also, avoid rinsing your aligners in hot water as this can distort the shape of them. If you have previously done this, bring your aligners to your Invisalign dentist in Saskatoon to ensure they still properly fit you.
When you move on to a new set of aligners, always clean the old pair and store them in a case as you may have to re-wear them in the future.
Complications and Problems With Invisalign
Drinking warm or hot beverages can distort the shape of your Invisalign. Also, drinking certain beverages such as coffee while wearing your aligners can stain them.
Some patients have difficulty remembering to place their aligner back in their mouth after brushing or eating. Not only will this mistake cost you time, but it will cost you money as well.
The following are 4 Invisalign hacks you need to know which will make your journey easier.
1. Carry a Travel Toothbrush
This will allow you to brush your teeth after every meal, keeping them clean and your breath fresh.
2. Switch Your Aligners at Night
When your Invisalign dentist in Saskatoon provides you with a new set of aligners, consider changing them at night. This will allow you to sleep through any discomfort caused by the adjustment process.
3. Look After Your Aligners
Soak your Invisalign in retainer cleaner in the morning to keep it free from bacteria. This will also help you to fight against morning breath.
You should always carry your Invisalign case with you at all times. Placing your Invisalign in a napkin is never a good idea, as someone can mistakenly throw it out.
4. Wear Your Retainers
Once your Invisalign treatment is finished, you must preserve your beautiful smile by wearing your retainers regularly. Failing to do so can result in your teeth shifting back to their original positions... Why waste your hard earned money when you don’t have to?
Created on Mar 20th 2019 04:05. Viewed 572 times.