Interesting facts about Delhi- Paradise Holidays India Toursby Paradise Holidays Paradise Holidays is a B2B destination management
Let me share something interesting about Delhi because if you are planning yourthen if would add some more excitement about the city.
- Delhi’s public transport is completely eco friendly because 100% of transport runs on CNG (Compressed Natural Gas). Apart from that Metro trains runs on electricity, you can also find E-rikshaw while roaming around the city.
- 5 of the original 14 gates of the walled city of Delhi are still standing. Yes it is 100% true. If you ever get a chance to visit Delhi then you can find all gates by the names :
Ajmeri Gate - facing Ajmer in Rajasthan
Lahori Gate - facing Lahore in Pakistan
Kashmiri Gate - pointing North to Kashmir
Delhi Gate - pathway to earlier cities in the state
Turkman Gate - named after religious saint Hazrat Shah Turkman.
- Delhi carries almost a country in it when it comes to population. It is second most populated city in the world after Tokyo. Don’t get surprise if you see a lot of people everywhere.
- Delhi is famous for it’s street food but do you know that Delhi has the Asia’s biggest spice market. Yes, you heard it right. Khari Baoli in Delhi is Asia’s biggest spices market.
- Feroz Shah Kotla in Delhi is the second oldest international cricket stadium after Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
Points 6 to 37 are still not disclosed. You will experience them when you visit India.
Created on Feb 18th 2019 13:26. Viewed 231 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.