Improve Ecommerce Biz with Comprehensive Order Taking Call Centerby John Martine Author
Ecommerce business is booming. Customers are thronging the web portals and making their orders online. The volume of calls is increasing by the day. But, because of their primary responsibilities, many companies are unable to run their order taking call center with complete conviction.
The Scope of Order Taking Call Center
Order taking services have a wide scope, which make them quite tricky to run, especially for newbies. Below are some of the important functions performed by an order taking call center:
1. Entry of orders – Order entry is one of first and the most important function performed by a call center. It is the responsibility of the agents to understand exactly what the customer wants and make the order entry in the system correctly.
2. Processing of orders – Once the order is into the system, you need to process it.
3. Management of orders and inventory – It involves the complete process of managing the order. You need to ensure that inventory is replenished once the item is taken out of the warehouse, so that you have the items in stock when the next order comes in.
4. Tracking of orders – Customers may call you for updates on the order status, especially in case of delays. Therefore, your order taking call center should have a quality CRM that is embedded with real-time tracking.
5. Customer support – In case, the product malfunctions or does not work as per customers’ expectation, he might call for support. Therefore, you need to have the agents prepared to handle any situation. People taking the calls should be articulate, well-versed in the process, should have technical knowledge and above all they should have the zeal to keep customers satisfied.
6. Promotional cross-selling and upselling – It is easier to pitch a new product to a customer who is already satisfied. So, when you fulfill an order, your agents get a chance to promote another product. Hence, always select talented agents who have the skill to cross-sell your new products.
Why Outsource Order Taking Call Center?
Running an in-house call center can be a tough task. Not only you need to have the right kind of agents running such a process, you also need relevant software solutions. This can be simply too much for a company that is overburdened with its core process related tasks. In such a situation, outsourcing order taking call center to an accomplished vendor is a much better option:
1. Access to versatile talent: Seasoned operators already have agents with a range of different skills. So, when you outsource, you no longer have to push your HR department to hire new talent.
2. Availability of high-quality software: Order taking call services rely on software solutions for accurate and timely completion of work. But, it can be hard for an in-house department to spend heavily on these software solutions. On the other hand, an order taking call center serves many clients using the same software, which is why; it always invests in the best ones.
3. Experience of working in different industries: A reputed outsourcing vendor like Vcare can help you formulate effective strategies for business improvement. The experience of a vendor of working on different projects can help you improve the quality of your order taking call center operation.
Created on Mar 11th 2020 05:58. Viewed 385 times.