HP Printer Keeps Saying Out of Paper- How to Solve?by Amelia Sampson Digital Marketing Executive
Users might have seen the HP Printer Says Out of Paper Error, but it’s not. This statement indicates the printer is not picking up paper also though there were enough pages inside the input tray.
This “out of paper” error message happens because of several purposes such as outdated firmware, mechanical problems with paper tray, etc. Avail of best solutions to fix HP printer says out of paper error or no paper, but there is paper.
The Causes Behind HP Printer Keeps Saying Out of Paper
- HP printer paper feed rollers choked with dirt and paper trash.
- The incompatibility obstacle with the windows-10 O.S heads to this problem.
- Using an outdated printer driver.
- It may befall because of numerous pending print jobs that are stuck in the queue.
- The abnormal function of the print spooler requires troubleshooting.
- Usage of low-quality paper that proffers its edges curl because of moisture consumed by it.
Best Methods to Fix HP Printer Says Out of Paper Error
Solution:  Clear Paper Feed Rollers [Top Paper Tray]
Promptly you require to wipe the dirt or debris or jammed paper from the paper pick rollers to fix the printer showing out of paper state.
- Turn OFF the HP printer next get a flashlight.
- Wait until the printer is in its idle or silent state.
- Detach the power cord from the rear side of the printer.
- Eliminate the paper stack from the input tray.
- See inside the input tray with the flashlight to locate the paper pick rollers.
- Gently dampen a cotton swab with distilled water then squeeze it to remove the excess water from it.
- Clean the rollers with a cotton swab. To thoroughly clean paper pick rollers, you suggested using your fingers for its rotation.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes to fully dry the rollers.
- Lastly, reconnect the power cord and then turn ON the HP printer.
Solution:  Examine The Paper Sheets Before Loading Paper Stack
- Remove every paper from the paper tray.
- Now take out severely bent, wrinkled, or torn paper taken from the paper stack.
- Examine the paper tray from the inside to fix if any obstacles are there. Assure that no tool blocking the paper to engage with the rollers.
- Ensure that the paper stack is even from all sides. Tap on a flat surface for alignment.
- Place the stack of paper inside the paper tray. It advised not to use more than 25 sheets.
- Close or push the paper tray inside.
- Now try to print any paper. Assure that you are using the correct paper size on the control panel.
Solution:  Clean Paper Pick Rollers [Inside Printer]
Clean the paper pick rollers inside the cartridges or the paper tray segment.
- Turn OFF the HP printer next take a flashlight.
- Stand by till the printer is in its quiet or silent state.
- Next, detach the power cord from the rear side of the printer.
- Furthermore, separate the paper stack from the input tray.
- Depends on your printer model, use the flashlight to discover the paper pick roller.
- Next, gently dip a cotton swab with purified water then press it to extract the excess water from it.
- Now wipe the rollers with the help of a cotton swab. To perfectly clean paper pick rollers, you suggested utilizing your fingers to rotate them.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes to completely dry the rollers.
- Finally, reconnect the power cable and then turn ON the HP printer.
Solution:  Clean Printer’s Paper Pick Rollers [Under Printer]
Wipe the paper pick rollers on printers where the paper tray is placed on the bottom.
- First, turn OFF the HP printer.
- You require to wait till the printer goes into its idle or silent state.
- Disconnect the power cord from the rear end of the printer.
- Eliminate the paper stack from the input tray.
- Lift the printer and put it on its side.
- Now pick out the paper tray and then get the gray paper pick rollers.
- Following, softly soak a cotton swab with distilled water later press it to eliminate the excess water from it.
- Forthwith clean the rollers with the help of a cotton swab. To thoroughly clean paper pick rollers, you recommended practicing your fingers for their rotation.
- Wait for at least 2 minutes to dry the rollers.
- Establish the printer upright.
- Lastly, reconnect the power cord to the rear end and then turn ON your HP printer.
Solution-  Check Printer Spooler Functioning
The inappropriate functioning of printer spooler service may direct to HP Printer says out of paper error but has paper. Perform the below-mentioned actions to check that spooler operating accurately:
- Enter the run application from the windows key. Then type “services. msc” and hit enter.
- Soon a list of services will resemble on the screen, and you require to find the print spooler service. Examine the service status, whether recorded as started or stopped.
- If you got the service state stopped, then you necessitate to right-click on it and start the print spooler service.
- Next, click on apply changes and then OK.
- Now print the test document if HP Sprocket says out of error persist then continue with the following solution.
Your HP printer requires service if the problem remains after completing the preceding resolutions. You may also replace your HP Product. Most apparently, users can fix the HP printer keeps saying out of paper error with the help of the above solutions.
Created on May 12th 2021 07:53. Viewed 687 times.