How To Wear A North Indian Style Sareeby shopkund uk Indian Ethnic Dresses Online
Saree is one of the most common and majorly embraced Indian traditional wear. Though salwar suits are dominant in Northern regions of India, sarees also have significant roles in the auspicious occasions. Available in amazing fabrics, designs, styles, embroideries, embellishments and pretty colours, they can be worn all-round the year.
In each and every Indian state, saree is draped in different styles by the Indian women. The Bengali style saree draping is a lot different than the Maharashtrian saree draping and as women, this is just wonderful to have such kind of assorted saree draping styles.
Today we will learn about the North Indian saree style which is more common in North Indian regions:
1. Choose same coloured petticoat and saree blouse.
2. Make sure the petticoat is tied and tight enough to hold a saree.
3. Pull your saree and tuck from the other end.
4. Drape it round to the front and make 6-7 equally divided pleats.
5. Tuck in the pleats and make sure, that after tucking the length of the fall is neither too high more too low for sweeping.
6. Pull the rest of the saree cloth because this will be the pallu and make similar pleats. This time make 4-5 equally divided pleats.
7. Pin up the pleats at the outer side to make sure they won’t open up. Take the pallu under your left shoulder to the back and then pull it to the front from the upper side of the right shoulder.
8. Also, pin-up at the shoulder section where the pallu is crossing over.
9. Take the nearest pleat that is close to the left side and pin it to the left side petticoat part.
Created on Aug 21st 2020 06:16. Viewed 191 times.