How to use McAfee to make digital world safer for your family
by John Adward I am working as a technical expert
Safety of your family members comes first and foremost. The hackers are creating havoc on the internet by taking an advantage of its advancement, hacking your system to spy on your online activities, stealing your confidential data, and lots more. You know very well how to keep yourself safe, as you’re aware of the pros and cons of the internet as well as online activities.
But what about your family members, are they aware and conscious about all this? Do they know how to deal with them and in what ways? We have provided in this article with certain tips to help you out in protecting them.
Here, are the 4 tips to keep your family members safe from the online activities-
Decide where you need to place the Computer
When you have children at home, you really need to be conscious about where you need to place your family computer.
It is recommended that you place the computer, in the high-traffic family area and limit the number of hours they can use it. Make sure you have online security software with the parental controls like McAfee Family Protection (that can be downloaded and installed using McAfee Activate), which is made exclusively to protect children from online harms and survey their usages.
Work as a team to set the boundaries
You need to decide carefully as to what is good and what’s not with regard to-
- Kind of websites to watch or use.
- The chat rooms and forums are good to participate in but ask them to use monitored chat rooms. And ask them to avoid using ‘.alt’ chart rooms, as they discuss on certain topics which aren’t appropriate for the children.
- The kind of things your children can discuss online and what language is considered improper.
Together agree on certain Family PC rules
You have your parents who are new to the internet and are unaware of the online threats and consequences.
We have recommended some rules below for you and post this beside the computer-
- Never ask them to log-in with usernames that reveal their true identity.
- Never to reveal their passwords and passwords should be a strong one.
- Never to share their phone numbers or addresses.
- Never to reveal anything confidential online.
- Never to post inappropriate photos or the loved ones pictures online.
- Never agree to meet with the strangers whom you meet or talk online.
Install Security Software
You should install good security software that not only protects your computer from the viruses, malware, spam, spyware, and other new online threats but also protects your online activities, manages your password, protects the internet you’re using, and gets updated regularly to fight with the online threats. Good and strong antivirus software like McAfee who protects your all devices as well as provide family protection, parental control, and lots more.
Note– Visit McAfee.com/activate link, to activate your McAfee product for your system and for your family protection.
Created on Jul 30th 2018 03:51. Viewed 861 times.