How to Update Device Drivers on Windows 10by Jack Martin Technical Support
Sometimes you encounter that a particular hardware is not running adequately on your system and it may mean that a driver update is required. Here’s a complete guide to how you can update your drivers on Windows 10.
By using Windows Update
Windows update is the safest method to get your drivers updated as the packages available through this channel have been confirmed by Microsoft
- Launch Settings
- Press on Update & Security
- Press on Windows Update
- Now select the Check for updates button
If the hardware manufacturers offers its update through the Windows Update service, and new version gets available, it will download and install automatically on the PC.
By using Device Manager
In this method, you can update a particular driver for your device like a printer, sound card, monitor, and other component using device manager.
- Launch Start
- Now locate Device Manager, press the top result to open it
- Diversify the category with the hardware you wish to update.
- You have to right click the device and choose Update Driver.
- Press the Search automatically for upgraded driver software option.
When you’ve finished the required steps, if there’s a newer version of the driver available will download and install automatically.
If the above method still hasn’t updated your driver, then you will have to manually download the latest driver from your manufacturer support website and follow the onscreen directions. In the case, there are no directions, and you received a .exe or .zip file with the driver then you have to double click the .exe file and then do the following:
- Launch Start
- Locate for Device Manager; press the top result to open it.
- Now you expand your category with the hardware you wish to update.
- Then right-click the device, and choose Update Driver.
- You have to press the “Browse my computer for driver software option.”
- Select the Browse button
- Browse and select the main folder with the content you have extracted before.
- Press OK
- Tick the include subfolders to let the wizard to search the correct .inf file with the directions to update the driver.
- Press the Next button
When you completed the above steps, the updated version of the driver will install on your PC for the device.
Steps to confirm whether the driver has updated successfully:
- Launch Start
- Locate Device Manager; press the top result to open it.
- Widen the category with the hardware you updated.
- You have to right click the device and press Properties.
- Press on the Driver option.
Now notice the “Driver Date” and “Driver Version” information, if these details correspond to the information given by the manufacturer, then you’re using the latest version of your drivers.
Jack Martin is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Hp Printer Support and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.
Created on Dec 25th 2018 11:54. Viewed 307 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.