How to Uninstall McAfee When the Removal Tool Doesn’t Work
by John Smith Freelancer
If the McAfee antivirus license has expired and you want to delete the application from the PC, then some errors will stop you from finishing this procedure. Do you want to get rid of these errors? Then follow the steps mentioned below to remove McAfee when the Removal Tool doesn’t work.
· Uninstalling the McAfee
1. You have to uninstall the McAfee Internet Security and McAfee WebAdvisor from the computer.
2. The first one is antivirus software.
3. The second is the browser extension.
4. It permits you to get to know the site reputation.
5. Press on the Windows Start option.
6. It is given on the left-hand side of the display.
7. Choose the Control Panel menu.
8. Press on the Uninstall a program button.
In case you are using the computer with your Windows 10 PC, then press on the Start option. Choose the gear symbol by going to the menu list, which is showing on the screen. After that, press on the Apps menu located in the Settings application.
1. Choose the McAfee Internet Security and McAfee LiveSafe symbol.
2. Otherwise, you need to choose the symbol of the antivirus version which you have already installed on the computer.
3. Click on the Uninstall or Change option.
4. It is given on the upper side of the screen.
5. It is located below the app symbol on your Windows 10 PC.
6. After opening the window, press on the Yes option.
7. Add the tick mark near to the McAfee LiveSafe columns.
8. Place the tick mark near Remove all files for this program also.
9. Click on the Remove option to finish the uninstalling process of the McAfee antivirus.
· Uninstalling McAfee antivirus through the removal tool
1. After completing the download procedure, click twice on the downloaded file.
2. Press on the Yes option.
3. After that, press on the Next option.
4. Agree on the terms and conditions of uninstalling the McAfee.
5. Finish the uninstalling process of the McAfee software by pressing on the Next option.
6. Enter the confirmation code which you are getting on the screen.
7. Click on the Next option.
8. Wait until you have successfully uninstalled the McAfee from the computer.
9. Press on the Close option.
10. Click on the Restart option.
11. It will start the computer again.
· Uninstalling the McAfee applications from your tablets and smartphones
1. Choose the application from the default browser.
2. Pull the symbol to the trash can symbol.
3. It is located in the top right-hand side of the screen.
4. Press on the OK option.
5. Additionally, you will get the same result so that you can choose the Settings tab.
6. After that, press on the Android application.
7. Choose the McAfee option.
8. Click on the Uninstall option.
9. It is given on the display which you have already launched.
John Smith is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate, and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.
Created on Oct 24th 2019 10:00. Viewed 213 times.