How to Turn on Two-factor Authentication on the Google Account?by Wilder Zayn Compute Software Blog
Security has become a major concern nowadays as countless threats roam on the web. Google comprises our sensitive data, and it is reasonable for you to be concerned about it. One good way to secure your data is enabling two-step verification on Google. So, here are the steps , let’s get started.
Set up Google
Pop-up Two-factor Authentication
If you wish to set up Google pop-up two-factor authentication, then pursue the given instructions.
- Go to the ‘myaccount.google.com’ and sign in to the Google account on the system.
- You should click on the Security button on the left-hand side.
- Then select the 2-Step Verification.
- You have to click on the Get Started.
- Input the Google password to verify it’s you or not.
- You should click on the Try It Now.
- Select the Yes option at the Google prompt that comes on the tablet/phone.
- You have to verify the contact number as a backup choice if Google pop-up does not work.
- Input the code which is texted to the number and click on the Next.
- You should click on the Turn On to allow the two-factor authentication.
- Now, you have two-factor authentication geared up to rock on the Google account. You will access only the password like general if signing in to trusted devices, but when you have a new mobile or attempt to sign in on a public system, be ready to get the mobile on hand to verify the Google Prompt.
Set up the Google Authenticator Two-factor Authentication
If you would like to set up the Google Authenticator two-factor authentication, then abide by the given steps.
- Navigate to a 2-Step Verification screen, move down, and select the Set Up beneath the Authenticator application.
- You should select which mobile you are using and click on the Next option.
- After that, go to your Android device and launch the Google Play Store.
- You have to browse ‘Google authenticator’ into the search bar.
- Select the top option from the result and tap on the Install option.
- Then launch the application and select the Begin option.
- You should tap on the Skip button at the lower left-hand side of the screen.
- Go to the ‘Scan a barcode’ option and tap on it.
- Reach the Allow option to grant camera access.
Set up the Backups
If you would like to set up the backups, then abide by the given steps.
- Navigate to the Google Account on your system.
- After that, tap on the Security option.
- Reach the panel of ‘Signing in to Google,’ tap on the 2-Step Verification option.
- Now, add a minimum one more second instruction such as Backup phone, Authenticator App Codes, or Backup Codes.
If you wish to finalize everything, then pursue the given instructions.
- You should click on the Next option.
- After that, input the ode display on the application of Google Authenticator on the mobile device.
- You have to click ok the Verify option.
- Now, click on Done.
Robert Green is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate, and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.
source. Two-factor Authentication
Created on Jan 14th 2020 08:27. Viewed 375 times.