HOW TO TURN ON DARK MODE ON SAFARI?by Johnny Potter Office Setup
Dark mode is one of those functions that are pretty handy but usually goes unnoticed. Nowadays, almost every OS, device, and web browser offer built-in Dark mode to help its users’ eyesight. Safari does so, and you can avail it as well. So, here are the steps to turn on Dark Mode on Safari.
Shortcuts for Dark Mode on any Site in Safari
In case you intend to create shortcuts for dark mode on any site in Safari, then go through the below-mentioned steps.
- You should launch Safari and go to Dark Mode V2 shortcut, download it to the iOS device.
- If a download is complete, then set up the dark mode and then include it to the library.
Give a name and Select an Icon
- You should select the ‘Library’ button on your device.
- Thereafter, check the shortcut of Dark Mode V2, and select the vertical ellipsis menu icon.
- You have to choose ‘Settings’ at the upper right-hand side of the screen.
- Then choose ‘Name field’ and type the name you would like to use for its shortcut.
- You should go to ‘Icon’ feature and select the color, other information, and icon.
- Now, select ‘Done’ and choose ‘Done’ once more to verify.
Back to the Configure Process:
- Navigate to the Safari and launch the desired site on your system.
- You should select ‘Share’ tab in the middle-lower side of the screen.
- Thereafter, choose the ‘Shortcuts’ option within the pop-up screen.
- You should select a shortcut of Dark Mode V2 to begin it up. When you can’t locate it in the shortcuts, select ‘More’ to make active for upcoming use.
- Now, permit the Dark Mode V2 to launch the site you would like to by selecting ‘Allow.’
Utilize Dark Mode on iPhone and iPad in Safari
If you would like to utilize dark mode on iPhone and iPad in Safari, then abide by the given steps.
- You should open Safari from the iOS device.
- Navigate to the site you would like to launch in dark mode.
- You have to select ‘Reader Mode’ option found within the search section.
- Thereafter select ‘Text button.’
- You should choose a theme you would like to use. Its suitable choices are Normal, Slightly Yellow, Grey, and Dark.
- Now, choose the ‘Dark,’ and the display will become dark right now.
- Finally, redo the method for each site you would like to read in dark mode.
Dark Mode Activate on macOS Mojave.
In case you intend to dark mode activate on macOS Mojave, go through the below-mentioned steps.
- Navigate to Apple menu and choose ‘System Preferences.’
- You should choose the ‘General’ option.
- Finally, go to the ‘Dark’ within the ‘Appearance’ choices, and every site on the Safari will swap to the black background.
Apply Dark Mode for other Applications
You should be able to use Dark Mode for additional applications, not just the Safari web browser. When a dark mode is turned on, some applications will have it activated automatically. Here is a short how-to on switching it off and on for the well-liked applications on iOS.
Edward Lewis is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding central.bitdefender.com and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on Dec 13th 2019 10:32. Viewed 274 times.