How To Turn Off A Laptop Keyboard With Windows 10?by Isa Bella SEO Strategist
For turning off your laptop keyboard in Windows 10, you have to go to the device manager. Also, it is worth noting that some extra instructions should be followed. Always remember that Windows 10 Home user shall be able to turn off the laptop's keyboard permanently by updating the system with a driver from other hardware manufacturers.
Note: The foremost thing that should be done before moving further is to connect one USB keyboard to the laptop.
The method of turning off the laptop keyboard in Windows 10 by using group policy editor
Follow the given below instructions carefully for turning off the laptop keyboard in Windows 10.
Remember! Windows local group policy editor is accessible for Windows Pro and Windows Enterprise as well.
- Firstly, press the combination of Windows key+R.
- Then, put 'gpedit.msc'.
- After that, choose OK.
- Next, go to Administrative Templates.
- Then, press on System.
- After that, select Device Installation.
- Next, press on Device Installation Restrictions.
- Then, right-click to 'Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings'.
- After that, choose 'Edit.'
- Next, press on Enabled.
- Then, choose Apply.
- After that, press on 'ok.'
- Next, turn off the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Then, press the combination of Windows key+X.
- After that, choose Device Manager.
- Next, press on Keyboard for expanding it.
- Then, do a right-click Standard PS/2 Keyboard.
- After that, choose the Uninstall device.
- Next, choose Uninstall.
- Press on Yes.
The method of turning off laptop Keyboard by updating the incorrect driver
- Firstly, write 'device manager' in the search place of Windows.
- After that, select the Open option.
- Then, expand Keyboards.
- Next, do a right-click on Standard PS/2 Keyboard.
- After that, press on Update driver.
- Choose to Browse my computer for driver software.
- Then, press on 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.'
- After that, choose Show compatible hardware and un-tick it.
- Next, go through and choose a manufacturer.
- Then, press on the model.
- After that, choose Next.
- Then, press on Yes.
- Next, choose Close as soon the driver gets updated.
- Choose Yes for restarting the PC of yours.
- Observe that as soon your system reboots, the in-built keyboard of yours shall stop functioning.
- For turning on the keyboard of yours one more time, choose update driver by the keyboard part in the device manager.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Next, choose Close.
- Congratulations! Your work is done.
JEANNE E. WINFIELD arrived on the cybersecurity scene in the early 2000s when viruses and malware were still new and slowly evolving. Her longtime affair with writing with an interest in the cybersecurity industry, combined with her IT degree, has contributed to experience several aspects of the security suite industry such as blogging at norton.com/setup.
Previous Article:- How To Troubleshoot Hulu Errors?
Created on Aug 29th 2019 02:34. Viewed 283 times.