How to troubleshoot the Avast Antivirus Error Code 1068?by Lena Smith Technical Engineer
Avast Antivirus is one of the internet security applications that secure the device of its users against the online threats like viruses, spyware, malware and other cyber threats. The Avast antivirus software are available to its users of different platforms (like Windows, Mac, Android and iOS) as free versions as well as proprietary versions. Some of the popular services involved in the Avast Antivirus software are Computer security, firewall, anti-phishing, anti-malware and many more.Sometimes the users may face some common errors or issues while executing the Avast antivirus on their systems or devices. And one such run-time errors is Avast Antivirus Error Code 1068. The information mentioned below contains the detail about the troubleshooting steps for resolving the Avast Error code 1068, easily.
The Avast Antivirus Error Code is mostly caused due to the following reasons mentioned below:
- Incomplete installation of the Avast antivirus.
- Avast antivirus software being downloaded incorrectly.
- The installation files of the Avast antivirus software being accidentally deleted by some other programs.
- The registry files of the system being corrupted.
As the Avast Antivirus run-time error code 1068 occurs on the device, a message box or an alert box is displayed on the screen that shows the message as shown below:
“Avast Error Code 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.”
Apart from the error message box, there are some other indications or symptoms by which the users can easily get an idea about the occurrence of the Avast Antivirus Error Code 1068 on the device. Some of the indications or symptoms are as follows:
- The system response to the users’ input by keyboard or mouse becomes slow.
- The program actively running on the device gets crashed as the error occurs
- The systems start to freeze, periodically after a few seconds.
By following the stepwise procedure in the same order as mentioned below, the users may resolve the Avast Antivirus Error Code 1068 on the device, easily:
- Run the Full Malware Scan for detected the malware infecting the device.
- Utilize the Disk Clean-up tool for cleaning all the junk files from the temporary files and folders of the system.
- Update the device with all the latest drivers of the system (if available).
- Undo all the recent changes made on the system by using the Windows System Restore tool.
- Execute the SFC Scan or the System File Checker tool for verifying as well as restoring the missing registry files of the system.
- Keep the device updated by installing all the latest updated of the Windows being available.
- At the end, try to execute or run the Avast Antivirus Software on the device.
If the Avast Antivirus Error Code 1068 still persists on the device then, the users may call the Avast Customer Support on the Avast toll-free number, to get an instant assistance for resolving the error, quickly.
Created on Mar 1st 2018 00:12. Viewed 338 times.