How to Reinstall Missing Microsoft Edge Browserby Lena Smith Technical Engineer
Microsoft Corporation has replaced its iconic Internet Explorer with a new Microsoft Edge web browser in Windows 10. It is better and faster than Internet Explorer. Windows 10 is kind of a smart Windows which detects whether you are using it on a touch-based gadget or one computer system and adapts as per the device. But people have said that they are facing problem while running Microsoft Edge in Windows 10. It is known that Edge had been designed to provide a better experience for internet browsing, but people are facing some issues with it.
According to the users facing the same problem, Windows 10 has bugs which are annoying for the people. One these bugs are related to the disappearing of Microsoft Edge from the system. The users reported that Edge is visible only the time when Cortana is used to open news. The problem is general so if you are facing it too then don’t bother as there are methods through which you can take down the problem and reuse your system properly without any obstructions.
For all Microsoft Office latest updates and information, just visit www.office.com/setup
Here are the methods to fix Microsoft Edge is disappearing in Windows 10
Windows Search Engine
Sometimes, we unpin the software from taskbar resulting in the struggle to find the web browser in the computer system. If this has happened to you too then, you must try finding it with the Windows Search Engine.
- Press Windows Key + S to open the search box.
- Type Edge in the search bar and press Enter.
- As the Edge is an integral part of Windows, it cannot be deleted. Hence you will find the Microsoft Edge in the results.
- From there, you can add it back to the taskbar.
- Right-click on Microsoft Edge and select Pin to Taskbar from the menu.
- Now the application is pinned to the taskbar, you can use it again.
Run the SFC scan
Running an SFC scan is one of the best and efficient methods. It immediately finds and repairs the damaged files in the system.
- Press Windows Key + X.
- Now, select Command Prompt.
- Now, type sfc /scannow in the command prompt.
- The sfc scan will immediately start scanning the system files.
- The process might take a little longer time, so wait and do not interrupt the process.
- If it finds any damaged file, it will repair it right away.
Windows 10 Troubleshooter
Microsoft Windows 10 has an inbuilt tool called troubleshooter which is capable of taking care of some issues. Luckily, it can be useful to troubleshoot the Edge problem.
- Open the Settings in Windows 10.
- Go to Updates & Security.
- Click Troubleshoot and its options will open.
- Select Windows Store Apps from the options.
- Now, go to Run the Troubleshooter.
- Follow the instructions from the Troubleshooter.
- It will end the process.
- When it is down, restart your computer.
Disable the Antivirus
Sometimes, a third party Antivirus causes trouble for Microsoft Edge. Since the Antivirus is meant to protect the browser from harmful software, it can become overprotective and prevent Microsoft Edge from running. You can check it by disabling the Antivirus in your system and try to check whether Edge works when the Antivirus is off. If Edge is working, then state Edge in the Antivirus white-list to prevent the issues.
It is true that Windows Microsoft Edge has come to give its users a fresh experience of internet surfing, but the problem of disappearing of Edge is annoying enough to neglect it. As a browser of a trustworthy company, users are willing to keep it as the web browser is capable of performing the task which almost impossible for other internet software
Hello, I’m Lucy Jones. I’m a social media manager living in New York. I am a fan of technology, web development and also tech savvy. I’m also interested in education and innovation. You can visit for microsoft office setup via Office.com/Setup.
Created on Sep 12th 2018 03:57. Viewed 359 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.