How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6000-77?by ARON SMITH Aron smith
QuickBooks is the Renowned name for providing the best accounting management software which is developed by the Intuit. Due to its advanced features and excellent customer services, it is demanded by millions of users across the globe. However, the QuickBooks is created on a very strong platform and also has user-friendly access that makes all your related financial works easy and simple.
Though, working on the QuickBooks enhance the work efficiency of the users, but in some situations, users encounter many errors related to QuickBooks. These errors are pretty common and face by many users. Out of all the errors, one such error is ‘QuickBooks Error Code 6000-77’ usually occurs when any user is accessing the company file. In case, if the user wants to rename that file, then they will lose all their QuickBooks data from the software. However, there are higher chances of recreating the files just by rescanning them by taking the help of the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6000-77
There are various causes behind the occurrence of this QuickBooks Error Code 6000-77. Some most common causes are mentioned below:
- The file of the company is situated in the external media rather than a network or local drive.
- QuickBooks is attempting to launch the file of the company by referencing a mapped drive.
- Due to Bit Defender security software is blocking communication whenever users are running QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- It occurs when the wrong permissions on the folder in which a particular file of the company is located.
Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6000-77
Before we start going with the process, we suggest you follow the steps in the ascending order to avert damages and unwanted trouble. The steps are mentioned below for how to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 6000-77. Here how to do it:
Solution-1: Rename “.ND &.TLG” Files
- Launch the folder which contains the file of the company.
- Search the files name with the given two file extensions such as “.ND &.TLG” of the company.
- Right-press on “.ND/.TLG” and choose the rename tab and click on it.
- Once added an extension box open on the screen, type “.old.”
- Lastly, click on the ‘Enter’ key.
Solution-2: Tweak Security Software and Firewall Settings
- Firstly, tweak the ‘Firewall port’ in an automatic mode by going to settings.
- Then, you need to tweak exceptions for all the firewall ports manually.
- After that, click on the ‘Install’ tab to install the ‘Anti-virus defender’ software successfully.
- Or otherwise, you need to tweak it properly.
Solution-3: Restore Corrupted Folder
To restore the corrupted folder, the user needs to make a fresh folder on the C:\drive.
- Launch the saved or stored file company data folder.
- Now, search for the “.qbw” file.
- After that, right-press on the ‘.qbw file and press the ‘Copy’ tab.
- Here you need to make a new folder by right pressing the mouse button and choose ‘Paste’ option to paste all data in the new folder.
- Press the ‘Ctrl + V’ key on the keyboard to paste it in the new folder.
- Next, generate an “access” by taking permissions from windows so that the user can able to share the files of the company and able to solve all their queries and doubts.
- Lastly, launch the QuickBooks file easily from the original locality.
Aron Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on QuickBooks Support and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.
Created on Feb 20th 2019 13:09. Viewed 353 times.