How to Troubleshoot Norton Backup Failed Error ?by Maria William Software Developer
Norton antivirus is linking high-end security technology and the protection your device need. The security software is providing a very user-friendly interface and so is manage and maintain effectively. Developing multiple products from Norton family, the software has offered a huge ratio of users across the globe to protect their devices whether it is PC, Macs, Androids, or iOS. Exploring the list of selection, users may opt a set of security depending on their requirements. If you have a subscribed version of Norton Security, you can activate your product by entering Norton Product Key and this will unlock advanced security features. Moreover, you will reduce the risk of online security by having firewall protection.
On the other hand, it is possible that users will face errors related to Norton Security. If you too are facing any error while recovering your data that is stored on the cloud memory provided by Norton, you can refer to the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:
Norton Error: Backup error/ backup not completing/ Norton Backup error code 8702 32/ Norton Backup error code 00 98.
Before you proceed to follow steps to troubleshoot Norton Backup error, make sure the destination device or drive is correctly connected.
Troubleshoot Norton Backup Error : Create a New Backup
1. Launch Norton Software
2. Go to settings option
3. Under Setting, click under Detailed and then choose Backup settings
4. Click Configure option available near Manage Backup
5. On the Summary tab, find Things you can do and then click on Create New Backup
6. Type a name for creating a new backup set and click OK once done
7. On the “What” option> Backup Sources and check for the drivers or My Documents from where you want to restore your files and folders
8. Next, choose the file categories from File Types that you want to restore
- Unmark the file or folders that you don’t want to create the backup for
- For adding more files and folders, click on Add or excluder file or folders and next click on Include file or folder to create backup
9. Look for the ‘Where’ tab and ensure that you have selected the correct storage location
10. Now confirm the action by clicking on Save Settings
11. Click on Run Backup to start the process
After completing all the steps, wait for a while as the backup might take several minutes (also depending on the speed of your internet connection). On the other hand, you can also fix Norton Backup error by reversing the process or simply by deleting your old backup set.
Troubleshoot Norton Backup Error : Delete your Old Backup
1. Launch Norton on your windows
2. Go to settings
3. Click on Backup settings under Detailed Settings
4. Find and select Configure near Manage Backup option
5. Hove over the Backup Set Name available on the Summary tab and you will find options under the drop-down menu
6. Select for the backup set that you want to delete
7. Click on the option of Delete backup set available in the Delete Backup set window
8. After directing to the next page, click Yes
Once you delete old back and create an entire backup, you will restore the data you want to create the backup for.
If you face any error or issue regarding Norton.com/setup, immediately call on Norton Toll-Free number or reach out to Norton Customer Support.
Maria Williams is a renowned technical writer. She has been keeping a stern concern over the updates and errors of various anti-virus and security software. Through her blogs and articles, she strives to deliver the information in order to make awareness about the updates and error fixing methods.
Source : http://norton-setup-usa.com/troubleshoot-norton-backup-failed-error/
Created on Feb 20th 2018 00:23. Viewed 357 times.