How to Troubleshoot McAfee Error Code 12152 or 7305?by Maria William Software Developer
McAfee Virus Scan is an antivirus program created by Intel Security for providing a protection against the threat attacks. The 2010 edition of this is a combo of antivirus, firewall and anti-spyware capabilities. It has a set of complete set of features that add up to their qualities are as follows:
1. On-access file scanner
2. Firewall protection on both inbound as well as outbound
3. Spyware protection
4. Updates daily
5. McAfee Site Advisor for displaying the safer websites after testing the sites against spam, malware and phishing.
6. McAfee System Guards for monitoring computer activity caused due to virus infection and hacker activity.
Sometimes while downloading McAfee Virus Scan the user faces an issue of failed download showing an error code as 7305 displaying a message as one of the following:
- Unable to Continue Installation.
- We’re having trouble completing your McAfee software installation because of error code 12152.
- Something went wrong with the installation.
The error code 12152 or 7305 is associated with the McAfee download servers caused disconnection or failure of the downloading process. In the below information some common solutions have been mentioned to resolve the problem in an easier way without making much efforts.
Wait for about few minutes (15-20 minutes approx.) and try download again. If still faces the same problem then follow the manual steps mentioned in solution 2.
Download and Install Pre-Install tool and McAfee Consumer Removal tool:
1. Download Pre-Install tool, save it temporarily at any location of the device, such as on the desktop.
2. Follow the prompts, after double clicking the Pre=install_tool.exe.
3. Select OK after reading the warning messages.
4. After completion, click OK and close the window screen.
5. Now, restart the device.
After restarting, wait for a while (15-30 minutes) and try to download and install the McAfee Product again from Official website McAfee.com/Activate.
If still the problem continues, then try to resolve the issue by following below mentioned steps:
- Download MCPR (McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool) tool.
- Double-click the MCPR.exe file.
- On seeing a security warning, select Yes, Continue or Run as per the version.
- At the McAfee Software Removal screen; click “Next” and then click “Agree” for accepting the EULA (End User License Agreement).
- At the Security Validation screen; type the characters exactly the same as shown over the screen because the validation is Case-sensitive.
- For preventing the accidental use of MCPR, click “Next”.
- On the completion of the process, one of the following two messages will be displayed:
- Removal Complete: This is a sign of successfully completion of the MCPR tool. Now, restart the device for complete removal process.
- Cleanup Unsuccessful: This is the indication of the cleanup not gone as per the plan.
Maria Williams is a renowned technical writer. She keeps a regular check over the latest updates and errors of various anti-virus and security software. Through her blogs and articles, she strives to deliver the accurate information in order to make awareness about the updates and error fixing methods.
Source : https://mcafee.setup-key.com/how-to-troubleshoot-mcafee-error-code-12152-or-7305/
Created on Jan 3rd 2018 00:02. Viewed 420 times.