How to Setup a Wi-Fi Connection using the Dell ControlPoint Software?by Lena Smith Technical Engineer
Did you just purchase a new Dell laptop or want to get rid of your old LAN connection? In the both cases, setting up a Wi-Fi connection would go perfect. With a wireless connection, you don’t need to be bound at a place due to a limited length of the LAN cable. You can setup a Wi-Fi connection to your Dell laptop with variety of ways. One of those ways is using Dell ControlPoint connection manager software. Wondering how? We will tell you step by step procedure for the same:
- Click Start button and open All Programs
- Now, click Dell Control Point and then Connection Manager
- Open Dell Control Point Connection Manager
- Select Profiles and then Add
- You will see an option “To create a Location Based Profile, enter the profile name”. Tick the check box
- Also check the box in front of “Choose the type of network connections you want to configure” along with the box in the left of Wi-Fi Radio
- Click Next and then provide a connection name in the “Connection Name” box
- Now, hit View to the right of Network Name
- Click OK in front of the Wi-Fi connection you want to setup
- If that particular connection is not showing then you have to do all the settings manually
- Enter the security key, if prompted
- Click Finish and then done
- Now click Connection Status
- From the drop-down menu, select Wi-Fi
- Make sure you check the Wi-Fi profile that you have just created
- Finally, click Connect
- You are all set!
At any point of time during Wi-Fi setup, if you encounter an error, contact Dell Support immediately. They will definitely provide you the best solution without taking too much time.
Created on Aug 30th 2017 07:48. Viewed 354 times.