How to Set Up the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch with Remote
by park jonas Web Designer
Smart lights are becoming more and more popular day by day. Philips Hue is amongst the top names in the list of best smart lights. Well, while you can control Philips Hue lights with phone apps, many people find it quite a hassle. To make things easier, you can try investing in the Hue Dimmer Switch. It is a compact remote that works wirelessly can also get attached magnetically to the given cradle.
With this wireless remote, you can control your smart bulbs while lounging on the couch or laying in the bed. If your phone is switched off or you are watching a movie on it and do not want to open the Philips Hue app, then you just have to press the remote buttons. With the remote, you can adjust the brightness and shade of the smart bulb. You can also power them on or off. Well, if you have recently purchased or have been gifted the dimmer switch, then go through the process mentioned below to find out how to install and set it up.
- Unbox the package and take the remote out.
- After that, select where you wish to place the remote. You can place it near your bed, couch, or anywhere you want.
- After deciding the place, you need to select whether you wish to install the remote permanently or you wish to make it removable. Since the remote comes with potent glue on its rear, it can be mounted to any wall directly. Or else, just install the base of the remote, and the remote will get attached to it.
- If you have decided to install the remote directly, then just take out the cover from the glue strips on the rear and stick it to the wall. Ensure that it is appropriately set.
- If you wish to make the remote portable, then you need to screw the base to the wall.
- After that, tug the small tab from the remote to power it on.
- Users who do not use a Hue Bridge need to place the remote at the bulb their wish to pair, and then long press the On switch until the light switches to emerald color.
- Users who use a Hue Bridge can link the Remote to the smart bulbs from the Hue application.
- After making all the changes, put the remote back in its cradle.
is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup
Created on Dec 27th 2018 12:58. Viewed 250 times.