How to Set Up & Pair Apple Watch to iPhone XR?
by Emily Johnson Technical Advisor
If you have an iPhone XR and Apple Watch, then you might be wondering how to connect them both to each other. The process to pair Apple’s smart watch with an iPhone is not difficult. You can do this in a matter of minutes. Read on and learn how to do so.
Get Ready Your Apple Watch & the iPhone XR
If you want to prepare the Apple Watch & iPhone to pair, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- First of all, your iPhone must be running on the latest version. If it’s running an older version, then the system will not identify the Watch. So, it’s better first you update your iPhone then you continue.
- Then you should navigate to the Settings application on the iPhone.
- Select “Bluetooth” option.
- You have to switch the toggle of “Bluetooth” to the “On” position.
- Thereafter you should be linked to a Wi-Fi connection or using cellular data.
- Long press the power button on your Watch to enable it.
- Before proceeding, you must check the battery of both devices.
- Now, you should bring both devices are closer.
Pair the Apple Watch & iPhone XR
You need to pair the Apple Watch & iPhone XR. Follow the instructions given below.
- Get started by launching Watch application on the iPhone XR.
- Then you should tap on the “Start Pairing” option.
- You will see the pairing screen on your display.
- Go with the on-screen steps for device pairing. You will shift the camera to the Watch screen.
- When you pair the devices, you will receive a notification.
Using Manual Pairing Method
If you want to use a manual pairing method, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- To get started, touch the “i” icon on the Apple Watch display.
- Give the name of your new device for the Apple Watch.
- Then you should choose the wrist.
- Select “Set Up as New” on the iPhone XR.
- You have to choose rightward or leftward on the iPhone.
- When the prompt comes, accept the terms & conditions.
- Thereafter input the Apple ID.
- You should permit all compulsory applications like iCloud, Siri or diagnostics.
- Now, you have to create a password for the Apple Watch through the iPhone.
- Also, you can choose the types of passwords between long password, regular password, or no password.
Forgetting the Apple Watch
If your device suddenly unpairs & you want to pair it again, follow the instructions given below.
- To begin with, launch the Watch application on the iPhone XR.
- Navigate to the “My Watch” option.
- Then you should select the watch.
- You have to select the ” i ” icon near to that Apple Watch.
- Thereafter choose “Unpair Apple Watch” option.
- Tap on again “Unpair” to verify.
- Reboot the iOS device & pairing begins automatically.
- Now, tap on Continue.
Resetting Connection Set-Up
You need to reset connection set up. Follow the instructions given below.
- First & foremost, go to Settings on the iPhone XR.
- Then you should select “General.”
- You have to tap on the “Reset” option.
- Thereafter locate the “Reset Network Settings.”
- Input the ID & password.
- Now, you should confirm the network reset.
Emily Johnson is a Mcafee product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as mcafee.com/activate.
Created on Oct 1st 2019 23:59. Viewed 435 times.