How to Send Podcasts to the Apple TV
by john smith manager
The Apple TV in-built podcasts application is the best thing to get Apple podcasts on the large display of the Apple TV. In case the users cannot find their favorite podcast that they wish to connect with their smart television, the follow the steps which are given below to know more about it.
Steps for Getting Podcasts on the Apple TV Using AirPlay
The simplest way for getting the obscure Apple podcasts on the smart TV is to open that podcast on the iOS device and after that, use the AirPlay function to start playing it on the Apple TV. Follow the steps given below for getting podcasts on the Apple TV using AirPlay:
• Go to the favorite application to listen to the Podcasts on iOS Device. This application is already installed on Apple devices or it can be a third-party application such as “Overcast”, “Castro”, or “Pocket Casts.”
• The users can play the podcast whichever they like to connect to Apple TV.
• Now, they have to click on the “AirPlay” option.
• After that, they need to press on the “Apple TV” whichever they like to podcast by using AirPlay.
In case the users’ favorite podcast application is not there in the AirPlay option, then they can take help of the “universal” AirPlay option located in the “Control Center” window when listening to their product by using their favorite application. Follow the steps listed below to play the podcast without the AirPlay option:
• Go to the “Control Center” located on the iOS device. In case you are iPhone X users, then go down from the upper right-hand side or in case you are iPhone 8 users, then you have to go up from the end of the display.
• Click and long pressing on the “audio playback widget” option to enlarge the control center window.
• Now, you have to press on the “AirPlay” option either you are using iPhone X or iPhone 8.
• Click on the “Apple TV” button so that you can send your favorite podcast on Apple TV.
Steps for Getting Podcasts on the Apple TV Using Home Sharing
The users can get the podcasts on Apple TV by using iTunes. With the help of the Home Sharing, they can pair to the “iTunes on their Mac or Windows. Once the users are connected to the same internet network, they can do the streaming process of any podcasts from the iTunes library to their Apple TV.
In case they have not gone through the setting up process of Home Sharing, then they have to follow the steps for getting Podcasts on the Apple TV using Home sharing:
• Go to the application of the system on the Apple TV.
• Now, you need to type the “Apple ID” which is linked with the iPhone or iPad for permitting the Home Sharing.
• Choose “Podcasts” by going to the upper pull-down menu.
• Choose the “Podcast” whichever the users like to play.
• Tap on the “episode” whichever the users wish to play.
David Maxwell is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, David has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
source: Apple TV
Created on Mar 18th 2019 12:01. Viewed 877 times.