HOW TO RESOLVE WINDOWS LIVE MAIL LOGIN PROBLEMSby Ethan Ellan Customer Support Service
Five Reasons of - Windows Live Mail Login Problems
If you facing issues on Windows Live Mail Login Problems on your web browser. Are you make 100% sure your user id and password combination are correct and fail login attempt every time? Then check first your CAPS Lock and Numbs Lock key because password is case sensitive.
Learn about some of the most common issues that normally prevent AOL Mail from working as expected. The common problems with their solutions are then that you can refer to according to your requirement.
Reason 1: Slow Internet Connection: Problems like AOL mail, not opening, AOL mail not responding, etc. are normally caused by a slow internet connection.
Reason 2: Forgotten AOL password: AOL sign-in problems are mostly set - up to entering the wrong password, like unable to log in, can't sign in, etc...
Reason 3: Service Outage: mostly because of different server problems, you can face service outage.
Reason 4: Usage of incompatible browser: The browser you use also plays an important role in the smooth running of your AOL account.
Reason 5: Issues with a third-party email application when you are using: some people even complain about issues like AOL mail that doesn't fit on Outlook as well. Such users shouldn't just because it isn't your AOL account, but your Outlook account that might be the problem.
What can I do if Windows Live Mail is not logging in?
1. Have a quick look at Internet Options using the follow below steps:
- Press Start
- Type in Run
- Enter control.exe in the search box
- This will launch the Control Panel
- Open Internet Options
- On the Advanced tab, ensure that Use TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and 1.2 are selected, while SSL 2.0 and 3.0 remain unselected
2. Generate a unique app password
Things are a little different if you recently enabled 2-Step Verification. This adds an extra layer of security to your account, yet you have to generate a unique app password to use instead of the account password you entered before.
3. Clear your browser’s cache
A solution likely to work when Live Mail is not accepting a password is to clear your browser’s cache. Afterward, close it and open it back, and try to sign in again.
If nothing changed, try signing in from a different browser.
4. Run System file checker
- Open a command prompt with admin privileges.
- Type the command sfc /scan now and hit the Enter key to perform a system scan.
- You can see the progress of the scanning procedure on the command prompt. Fast or not, wait patiently as it might take about half an hour to complete.
- Finally, try to login with the newly generated password in Windows Live Mail.
If all methods fail, let System File Checker do its magic next and hope for the best
5. Reset your password
- From the official login page, enter your email ID.
- Then, find the Forgot my password link below the Sign-in button.
- Click it and you will be redirected to a new page that says Reset your Password.
- Click Next after selecting one of the reasons why you can’t sign in.
- Enter the email address you used for signing up.
- After that, enter the characters you see in the CAPTCHA.
- Click Next.
- Enter it in the field provided.
- Hit Next.
- It’s time to set a new password for your account and regain access.
When this precise error comes up, it usually means one of these two things: either the email server is rejecting the login or the email application cannot connect to the host.
For More Information You Can Dial Toll-Free Number +1-888-857-5157
Created on Jan 5th 2021 05:27. Viewed 308 times.