How to Reinstall Google Chrome on Windows and Macby Jeniffer Leio Excutive
If you are facing any issue with the installed Google Chrome browser like incompatibility problem with a 3rd party plugin, then it is necessary to temporary delete and reinstall the Google Chrome browser. Doing this will upgrade the Google Chrome to its latest version. Here’s how to reinstall Google Chrome.
Steps to Reinstall Google Chrome on Windows Computers
• Go to the Control Panel option. Follow the steps to open the Control panel window:
1. For Windows 10 and 8.1 users, right-click on the Windows option and after that, choose the “Control Panel” option.
2. For Windows 8 users, click on the Windows and X keys together and after that, choose the “Control Panel” option.
3. For Windows 7 and Vista users, go to the Start option and after that, choose the “Control Panel” option.
• Choose “Uninstall a program” or “Program and Features” option.
• Search the “Google Chrome” given in the pull-down list of all the software which are installed on the computer.
• Choose the “Google Chrome” provided in the uninstall window.
• After that, tap on the “Uninstall” button.
• Go through the “Also delete your browsing data” checkbox.
• Show hidden files located in the Windows Explorer.
• Remove the Chrome files which are not deleted earlier.
• Go to the Google Chrome official site in the other browsing application.
• Underline the “Download” option located at the upper side of the webpage.
• After that, choose the “For personal computer” option.
• Tap on the “Download Chrome” button to start downloading the Google Chrome file.
• Go through the Google Chrome terms of the service window.
• Press on the “Accept and Install” option to download the important files.
• Tap on the “Run” button.
• Let Google Chrome complete the downloading process.
• Click on the downloaded Google Chrome file.
• Log in into Google Chrome by entering the email address and password registered with Google.
Steps to Reinstall Google Chrome on Mac
• Launch the Applications file
• Search the Google Chrome application.
• Pull Google Chrome to the Trash folder.
• Remove the profile data.
• Go to the Google Chrome official site in Safari internet browser.
• Choose the “Download” option.
• After that, press on the “For personal computer” option.
• Tap on the “Download Chrome” option to start downloading the Mac file.
• Visit the “googlechrome.dmg” folder when Google Chrome completed its downloading process.
• Pull the “Google Chrome.app” symbol into the Apps file symbol.
• Open Google Chrome by going to the Apps file.
• Enter email ID and password linked with Google account so that you can easily login into the Google Chrome.
Eleanor is a jack of all trades : an experienced IT technicians, writer, researcher, and a self-professed Software expert. As a single software engineer, she has in-depth knowledge of Webroot Antivirus and she likes to write tutorials, reviews, news, and reports about the same under webroot support
Source: Google Chrome
Created on May 8th 2019 01:51. Viewed 276 times.