How to regain access to a forgotten password LinkedIn account?by Anna Mathew Digital marketer
Nowadays, a number of websites ask you to sign in or sign up. Without an account, you won’t be able to access your social media networks. Possibly, you’ll have a collection of login IDs and passwords at this time. And, remembering all these complex passwords is really a hard task. Therefore, you might forget the password of your account. No need to worry, if you’ve also forgotten your LinkedIn account password and are unable to access it. Resetting the password on LinkedIn is very simple, and when you do this, you’ll regain access to your account.
Resetting the password on LinkedIn
You’ll have to do this from the LinkedIn website with any browser. Though there are several ways to reset the LinkedIn account password, you can use an email address and phone number registered on your account to regain your account access. The instructions given in this article is through the email address.
1. Launch a web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc.
2. Now, go to the LinkedIn website. Enter “www.linked.com” in the address block and hit ‘Enter’. This will directly bring the homepage of LinkedIn on your screen with a ‘New Account’ creation form at the centre.
3. Click on ‘Forgot password?’ It is on the right side of the ‘Sign in’ button at the top of the webpage.
4. Enter the email/phone number you used to sign in to your LinkedIn account. This is the same email that is associated with your account, i.e., Primary email. You must have access to the account whose email address you’ve entered.
5. Then click the ‘Submit’ button. Doing so sends a verification email to the given email address.
6. Now, open a new tab and go to the website of the provided email.
7. If you’ve already logged in, then go to your inbox. If not, then enter your login information and open your account.
8. In your inbox, find the email from LinkedIn and open it.
9. LinkedIn provides a link in the message body to reset the password. Read the message and click on the password resetting URL.
10. You should now see the password resetting form on the screen.
11. Now, reset your LinkedIn account password and save.
Once you are able to reset your account password, then with the new password you can access your account.
Anna Mathew, writer of this blog loves to write and create awareness related to day-to-day internet threats. Major topics of her interest are Printer support like Dell Printer Support, HP Printer Support, Epson Printer Support, Lexmark Printer Support, Canon Printer Support etc.
Created on Aug 1st 2019 02:22. Viewed 93 times.