How to Recover Data from Toshiba External Hard Driveby Alex Michael Data Recovery Specialist
In the world of today, Samsung, Hitachi, Toshiba, Seagate, and other reputed brands manufacture the most reliable hard drives to ever grace the planet. Among these Toshiba, hard drives are the most popular. They attribute this popularity to the fact that that they are amazing at rebuilding multiple external partitions to manage the data in a better way. No matter how efficient and reliable they have proved to be, Toshiba hard drives are prone to various glitches like a complete loss of data stored on it or inaccessibility to the same. These losses may require Toshiba external hard drive recovery. Many reasons have been reported for these glitches. Some of them are mentioned below.
Reasons for data loss on Toshiba hard drive
The hard drives being technically sensitive can be pretty vulnerable to permanent hard drive damage due to miniscule occurrences like a power outage or voltage fluctuations. Variety of reasons attribute to the data loss.
- Dropping or rash handling of hard drive
- Any sort of malware attack
- Accidental deletion of important files
- Sudden formatting for the hard drive
- Random voltage fluctuations or power surges while the drive is being used
- Incorrect ejection of the external drive from the system
- abrupt system shutdowns
Things to try out if you’re hard drive collapses
Before rushing to the experts, you can try a few tricks that may help you recover the data from the collapsed hard drive. Check them out.
- If the device does not boot at all- In such instances, the best thing you can do is remove the drive and connect it to another computer. If the other computer boots, but you are not able to access your data, there is no need to panic. You can simply rely upon a good data recovery service. But if it also does not boot, there may be chances that the drive might have suffered from physical damage. For instances like these, you must seek professional help.
- If the device suffers physical damage- You can try taking the drive apart and check for possible damages such as faulty PCB or bad interface board. Make sure you have done this before and you know what you are doing or else you might worsen the situation.
- If your hard drive is accessible but the data is not- This might happen due to abrupt formatting or accidental deletion. Stop working on the drive as soon as this happens because your data is not completely erased from the system even after deletion. You just lose access to it. The space occupied by deleted files is marked as “available to reuse.” So until the deleted files are overwritten by other files, they remain physically intact on the drive. That is why not writing anything new on the drive is preferred otherwise, you might jeopardize the chances of data recovery.
If the above-mentioned tricks do not work out, you must seek professional data recovery services. Toshiba hard drives recovery and Thumb drive data recovery Singapore are easily available.
Created on May 27th 2019 13:17. Viewed 348 times.