How to record screen on Windows 7 using OBS Studioby Jack Tucker IT Support Engineer
In this article, we’re going to learn how you can record your computer screen on Windows 7.
- Visit the OBS Studio site — From any browser, you can go to http://obsproject.com/. OBS Studio is a free program that will let you record your screen in HD and then you can save the recordings as playable video on your PC.
- Press “Windows” — There’ll be a green button on the top of the page, and this will prompt your OBS Studio setup file to start downloading onto your computer.
- Locate the downloaded file — You can usually find your downloaded files in the “Download” folder.
- Press the OBS Studio setup file — You have to double click on the downloaded OBS Studio setup file to install into the PC.
- Installing the file — To install the OBS Studio file onto your computer, you’ve to do these steps:
- Press Yes if it shows on the screen.
- Select Next
- Choose I Agree
- Select Next
- Click Install
- Now wait for your program to finish installing
- Open OBS Studio — Ensure that the “ Launch OBS Studio” box in the middle of the page has checked by you, then press Finish. OBS Studio will launch.
- You can also open OBS Studio by double-clicking the app icon on your PC.
- Follow the on-screen prompts — When you first time run your OBS Studio, They usually asked you if you want to run the Auto-Configuration Wizard. Press on Yes and follow the next steps.
- Press “+”. — This button you’ll find in the lower left side of the “Sources” window, which is in the lower left side of the OBS Studio window. Pressing it will show a pop-up menu.
- Press “Display Capture” — This You’ll find near the top of the pop-up menu, clicking it will open a new window.
- Select the “Create new” box- This you’ll find in the top of the window.
- Type a name for your capture — Now you’ve to write your name by which you want to save your capture in the text column near the top of the window.
- Press “OK” — You find it at the bottom of the window.
- Press “OK” once more — Now your recording setup will complete, Start you can start recording.
- If you don’t wish to use the mouse for your screen recording, uncheck the “Capture Curson” box first.
- If you’re using multiple displays, press the “Display” press-down box, then select the name of the display that you wish to capture.
- Press “Start Recording” — Find this in the bottom right section and Once you click it, your recording will start.
- Press “Stop Recording” when you’re done with it — You’ll find this button at the bottom of the right section. The video will be saved to your PC.
- To see your screen recording, press File in the menu bar and then hit Show Recordings in the resulting drop-down menu.
Created on Dec 15th 2018 08:34. Viewed 548 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.