Fix: Oops! Something Went Wrong on YouTube
by Jack Tucker IT Support Engineer
YouTube is one of the best platforms that allow its user to stream videos without even logging on the website. Although the platform offers top-notch efficiency, it is undeniable that the platform is bugged more so than never.
There are numbers of user complained they get an error something went wrong while watching videos on YouTube. The issue occurs mostly if your browser is not updated or you are using several accounts on YouTube.
Here are the lists of troubleshoots that can help you to fix “something went wrong” while streaming video:-
- Browser Update (MS Edge and Chrome)
- Browser Update (Firefox)
- Remove and Add Google Account
- Google Account Password Change
- Re-install Browser
1) Browser Update (MS Edge and Chrome)
Here are steps on how to update browser Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome:-
- Start Google Chrome.
- Tap the menu option shown as three dots.
- Visit Help and choose “About Google Chrome.”
- After this command, Google will automatically check pending updates.
- If you find any updates, then tap on Updates.
- Installed the updates after downloading, and restart Google Chrome.
- Launch YouTube and check any advancement.
2) Browser Update (Firefox)
- Start Mozilla Firefox.
- Tap the menu, as shown three dots.
- Hit on Help.
- Choose About Firefox.
- Firefox will be automatically searched for updates that are pending.
- You can see any updates as xxx in the “About Mozilla Firefox.
- Tap on Update 72.xxx.xx to download and install the new updates.
- When the updates installed in your device, start Firefox and check any advancement.
3) Remove and Add Google Account
Here are the steps on how to remove Google account by checking the adding device and removing device:-
- Launch the Google account by logging in with your Email ID and password.
- In the Home Screen, launch Security icon.
- Scroll vertically to “Your Device” option.
- Tap on Manager your Device.
- You can check several accounts added to your device account or not.
- If you find any accounts added into your account that are not relevant, then you can remove them.
- Start the application and tap on the three dots that appear on the right top on the screen.
- Choose Sign Out.
- A dialogue box will appear on the screen. Tap on Sign Out to confirm your command.
- This action will logout your account from the device.
- You can do the same process for each of the accounts that are not relevant to your account.
- Now re-launch YouTube and login with your account.
4) Google Account Password Change
Here are the steps on how to change the Google account password:-
- Launch the Google account, login with your Email ID and password.
- Tap Security option.
- In the Signing into Google Tap on Password.
- Type your account password in the field, and log in your account.
- Again type a new password in the second field to confirm the password.
- Tap on the Change option to confirm your command.
- Launch YouTube. Now, login with your email ID and the new password.
5) Re-install Browser
Here are the steps on how to re-install browser:-
- Tap Win+R Key together to start Run.
- Enter Control and then tap the OK button.
- Visit Program.
- Hit Program and Features.
- Choose Uninstall and confirm the action.
- Download a new version from the Google Chrome official sites and install it.
Mathew Anderson is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Mathew has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Source : Oops! Something Went Wrong on YouTube
Created on Apr 6th 2020 07:04. Viewed 207 times.