How to Record FaceTime Call on iPhone or Macby Jaxson Harry Product Activation
FaceTime is a great application to get connected with our family and known using Mac or iPhone, but one may wish to capture those special movements they have with their loved ones. Well, Mac users have an excellent feature available to record their memorable moments and view them later.
If you are in search for means to record your FaceTime conversations on Mac, then you can do so by using QuickTime application which can capture the display and sound of your device. To use QuickTime for recording your FaceTime conversation on Mac, follow the steps given below correctly.
Steps for recording FaceTime call on Mac.
- Launch QuickTime on Mac from Application folder or dock.
- Now select “File’ from the Menu bar.
- Then choose the “New Screen Recording” button.
- After that select “arrow” adjacent to the “record” option.
- Now select “Internal Microphone” from the available microphones. If you have installed a dedicated microphone to your PC, then select that for better quality.
- Then head to “FaceTime.”
- After that, select the “Record button” from QuickTime.
- Now users will have to choose the “Screen” option to start recording the entire display. Or users can simply press and drag on FaceTime window to only record the FaceTime.
- Then you can begin your FaceTime call from your Mac.
- After completing your conversation, select the “Stop Recording” option from the Menu bar.
- Now choose the “File” option from the Menu bar.
- Then choose the “Save” button.
- After that user will be asked to give a name to the recorded file that they want to save. Rename the recorded file as you desire.
- Now if you wish to store the recorded file in a specific location, then you will have to use the browse the targeted location by selecting the “Where” button.
- After choosing the desired name and location for the recorded video, select the “Save” button to store the recording on your Mac.
By following the steps mentioned above, users will easily record their FaceTime conversations on their Mac. But interestingly enough you can also record your FaceTime conversations on your iPhone. Still, you must have an accessible Mac to record your iPhone video calls as iPhone cannot record its display natively. So if you want to record your FaceTime conversation of iPhone then follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps for recording FaceTime call on iPhone by using Mac.
- Pair your iPhone device with your Mac using a Lightning cable or 30 pin connector.
- Now run QuickTime on your Apple Mac by using Application folder or dock.
- Then select the “File” option from the Menu bar.
- After that, select the “New Movie Recording” option.
- Now press the “Arrow” option which is adjacent to the record button within the QuickTime window.
- Then select your iPhone device from the list of paired camera devices on your Apple Mac.
- It is essential to ensure that the “Volume bar” is turned up for QuickTime on Mac, as the user will be unable to hear the voice of the person on the other end of the call.
- After that open the FaceTime application on your Apple iPhone.
- Now users will have to select the “Record” option in your QuickTime software on your Mac.
- After doing that, users will have to call the person that they want to talk with using FaceTime on their iPhone.
- Once the user completes their FaceTime call, they will have to select the “Stop” option from the QuickTime to stop the recording of the video conversation.
- Then press the “File” option from the Menu bar.
- Now choose the “Save” option.
- Then name the recorded video as per your wish.
- And then use the “Where” option to choose the desired location where you want to save your recorded file.
By following the steps mentioned above, you will be able to record and store the FaceTime conversation on to your Mac. Hopefully, users will now be able to record their FaceTime moments to cherish and celebrate in the future.
Jaxson Harry is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Source : Record FaceTime Call on iPhone .
Created on Jun 10th 2019 11:30. Viewed 365 times.