If the error code 5505 shows up on your TV screen, then it means you can no longer play content from your Fire TV Stick. It is caused by several reasons, but Amazon has not revealed the exact reason for it. Many users are facing this error on their device, and it is annoying since you can’t watch movies and other things because of it. However, there are a few ways to fix this error. If you are facing Fire TV Stick error 5505, then you have come to the right place. In this article, you will learn how to troubleshoot this issue.
How to Solve Error Code 5505 on Fire TV Stick?
There are a few methods to solve this error; some of them are:
Method 1: Inspecting the Network Status
If your device is displaying error code 5505 on the screen and the content is buffering too much, then you should check the internet connection at first. Sometimes a slow connection or temporary network shutdown can cause the 5505 error on Amazon Fire Stick. If you are using a WiFi router, then make sure to restart it once to fix the network issues. If the problem is still not resolved, then you can try to connect a different network or just create a hotspot with your smartphone.
Method 2: Testing the Fire Stick Settings
If you are experiencing poor image and audio quality, then you should inspect the settings to solve this. Follow these steps to check the settings:
- Head to the Settings on your Fire TV Stick.
- Go to the Display and sounds option.
- Tweak the settings to experience more lavish video and audio quality.
Method 3: Clearing the App Data of “Prime Video”
Many have found that clearing app data can resolve the Error code 5505 on a TV stick. Here is how to clean the Prime Video data:
- Visit Settings by using your Amazon Fire TV remote.
- Head to Apps and then go to Manage Apps.
- Find the Prime Video app by scrolling downwards.
- Once you find it, select it.
- Press the Force stop button.
- You might be asked to confirm your decision.
- Now reboot the device and your TV to see if the problem is resolved.
Method 4: Changing Display Settings
Sometimes adjusting the display can fix the 5505 error. Here’s how to do it:
- Navigate to the Settings of your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Head to the Display.
Now use the Arrows to adjust the display of your device.
Devin Smith is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on Nov 12th 2019 08:32. Viewed 182 times.