How to Open TGZ Files On Windows 10?by Emma Justin SEO Excutive
TGZ files are basically used on Linux and UNIX systems. It’s a kind of archive file that comes with the extension of .tar.gz or .tar and is comparable to ZIP. Some users need to open TGZ files on Windows 10. Here is how to launch TGZ files directly on Windows 10:
Using Third-Party Archive Openers
You can use third-party archive launchers to directly open the contents of TGZ files on your Windows 10, but you should follow the complete procedures in each section to avoid mishaps.
Using WinZip Archive Opener
It’s one of the most popular compression tools having nearly one billion users. Apart from the compression features, it also offers various tools to backup and protect the data, file encryption features, etc. that provide enhanced security and comfort to the particular files.
WinZip is a great tool and can launch file formats on Windows 10, such as ZIP, RAR, GZ, ZIPX, 7Z, ISO, TGZ, GZP, IMG, and XZ files. If you are using Mac, then WinZip is an excellent tool for managing ZIP and RAR files.
In case you wish to launch the TGZ, then proceed with these instructions. You should follow all the instructions written below to avoid any mishaps as one skip of any of the mentioned steps may result in the crashing of your device or window. So, be careful while pursuing these guidelines:
- At the start, you have to save the TGZ file on your PC.
- Then, open the program “WinZip” and then hit the File tab.
- Now, press the Open button, and after that, choose the file type option “TGZ” that you have saved to your system from that available list.
- Then, choose the files and folder located in the file “TGZ” that you desired to launch.
- Once you are all done with your selected items, hit the Unzip tab, and choose the location where you wish the files to be stored and saved.
- Now, check the extracted TGZ files into the selected location.
Using 7-Zip File Archiving Utility
Windows 10 doesn’t provide any in-built feature to extract TGZ files, but you can use a third-party file launching tool on your device to open the TGZ archive.
There are several archive utilities available for Windows 10 that you may choose to extract the TGZ files. Here we are using 7-Zip Utility to launch TGZ files on Windows 10.
- In the beginning, launch the webpage of 7-Zip and then hit the Download tab. You can choose between these two editions: 32 bit and 64 bit 7-Zip Utility.
- Then, launch the installer “7-Zip” in order to add the software to your Windows 10.
- After that, launch the window of 7-Zip having several features.
- Next, launch the folder that consists of a TGZ file located within the 7-Zip file browser.
- Now, choose the TGZ file and then hit the tab “Extract All” to launch the particular Extract Window.
- A fresh folder path is already mounted into the Extract to the text box. You may change the path as per your requirement.
- Hit the OK button to open the TGZ archive data.
- Perform a double click on the Extracted TGZ file folder located in the 7-Zip.
- Once you have launched the initial page of the file, you will be required to apply a double click on the TAR file. You have to hit another sub-data folder to launch various features and contents in 7-Zip files.
- Finally, you may perform a double click on the files into the archive section to launch them from the 7-Zip utility page.
Converting TGZ Files to ZIP Format
Window 10 File Explorer included a feature to extract the ZIP files. Thus, you may easily launch the contents of TGZ files by converting them to the ZIP format.
You may use the Extract All option in order to decompress the ZIP files. You have to convert the TGZ archive to the ZIP file and then extract it from its section. To do so, follow these instructions carefully:
- Launch the TGZ converter web tool on your device.
- Then, hit the tab “From Computer” to choose the archive data of TGZ in order to convert it into ZIP format.
- Then, hit the option “Convert” and then convert the archive.
- After that, press the Download tab there to save the new ZIP data.
- Next, you have to launch the particular folder that consists of the converted ZIP data into the File Explorer section.
- Apply double click on the ZIP archive file to launch the Extract tab.
- Hit the tab “Extract All” to launch the window directly on your screen.
- Now, click the Browse tab to choose the folder path to access the ZIP data.
- Next, press the option “Extract.”
- Now, perform a double click on the ZIP extracted folder to launch its contents.
By making use of the tools available online, you can open and access TGZ files on your Windows computer.
Hey there, I’m Oliviya . I’m a web developer living in USA. I am a fan of photography, technology, and design. I’m also interested in arts and web development.
Created on Jul 22nd 2020 00:48. Viewed 116 times.