How to Move Mail from Lotus Notes to Outlook?by Weatson Gyatso I am a SEO Executive in IT-Company
There is a maximum expert’s who said about the differences between Lotus Notes and Outlook application and the most of the feels that only reason behind conversion from IBM Notes to Outlook is the high cost of Lotus Notes email client. No doubt it can be the reason to forward Lotus notes email to Outlook application but there are also many reasons which we will discuss in this post and we can also find out the right solution of how to convert NSF file to Outlook without any single error. Let’s have a quick view on some causes which forces to regulate the process to convert Lotus Notes database to Outlook email client.
Adorable Benefits of Outlook Email Client
It had noticed that a 1/3rd population of Lotus Notes users want a solution to solve the issue of how to move mail from Lotus Notes to Outlook just because to see the advantages of Outlook email client. The following reasons of Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion given below:
- Microsoft Outlook is an advance application which gives the power to
work in an offline mode.
- Offers the different facilities for managing the complete database.
- It includes more security features to safe the database in comparison to
- Outlook email client is most familiar to its users.
- And, this application is the easy to use by all users as compare to any
- Outlook requires less maintenance cost, while on other side Lotus maintenance
charges is too much high.
- Any user can simply share Outlook database from one to another.
- One of the best benefits of Outlook is this application famous for its multitasking
How to Convert NSF File to Outlook Using Manual Technique?
A complete free solution available for users which can perform using a step by step guide given.
Do you know for free technique you have to go through with the two broad steps?
Part 1- Export NSF Files to CSV Format
At starting point, download the Lotus Notes email client on your machine.
Now, select desire emails which you want to export into
Go with File button and click on Export. A click on export button will shows a dialog box.
After that type a name for the file and save it as using “Structured Text” type
at a location accordingly.
Press on Export button and fill the information in the dialog box which appears and press OK button.
When the exported data of Lotus Notes gets saved at the preferred location that you picked, save it to a format that MS Outlook recognises. Microsoft Outlook doesn’t support the “Structured Text” format. A perfect format is CSV (Comma Separated Values). And, it can be done using an easy script (Microsoft recommended way). Once the Lotus Notes data has been converted to .csv format, you can directly proceed to converted it into Outlook application.
Part 2- Import CSV File in Outlook
Launch Microsoft Outlook email client
Now, go to File option >> Open >> Import. This action open Import and Export dialog box
Click “Import from another program or file” and proceed to next.
Select the file type CSV files for conversion
Put the location of exported NSF file and check replace duplicates with item imported
Now, choose a folder where you want to import the database and go with Next.
- Can perform Lotus Notes to Outlook
- Free solution for users to convert NSF files to PST.
- It does not give any guarantee to for
- Includes so much lengthy steps and skip a single step can loss the complete database.
- Not suited for large size of NSF files, sometimes it can be stopped during the process.
- Technical user can regulate the entire process but non-technical user can’t follow these difficult steps.
- Can remove encryption from NSF files
- Using this technique you have to convert single file at a time. And, if you want to perform thousands NSF file to PST conversion so you have to follow the same steps thousands time.
- Need lot of time of user.
I hope now you get little idea about the manual procedure that it is good for the conversion or not or is that the solution to resolve the issue of how to convert NSF file to Outlook. As you can see above this free method is not good because it contains lot of issues which never ends. And if still you want to go with this free solution then take a backup of Lotus Notes database and after that follow manual steps.
Still, if the techniques fails then without taking any risk you should go with the expert’s choice that offers NSF to PST software which never fails and provide lots of benefits alongwith conversion like- batch option for bulk NSF file conversion, free demo version to check the software before to purchase it.
So, now to end up with this post I want to say only that it’s totally upon your decision for choosing any technique to convert your files.
All the best for taking the right decision for migration.
Created on Oct 31st 2018 08:57. Viewed 65 times.