HOW TO MAKE SAMOSA AT HOMEby Krishna Mondal Digital Marketing Executive
Samosa is one of India’s most popular smack items. You can find it easily at almost every street corner. After all, every sweets shop offers this. Nowadays, you can even order it online! It is quite crispy, spicy, and tasty and is served how.
It can be made of numerous things and therefore can have various ingredients. However, it is not the most complicated item to make. In fact, you can start making these at your home today! You can make it quite easily at home using a simple process and some basic buy tasty ingredients.
However, do remember that while the samosas can be spicy and tasty on their own, they do need chutney to go with them to augment the taste. For best results, you want red chutney and mint chutney. The samosa itself is stuffed with peas, potatoes, and aromatic spices. Serve this item for snacks, either for yourself or for your guests when they come. Be rest assured that no one shall be able to have just one! Samosas are incredibly tasty and spicy, which makes people want for more.
Now, without any further ado, let us see the recipe for making this at home.
First of all, let us see a bit of information about this dish.
1) Total time: 1 hour
2) Preparation time: 25 mins
3) Calories: 829
As you can see, it is fairly quick to make and has a lot of calories. The benefit here is that these are able to quench your hunger for a long time. Let’s say that you are suddenly hungry at night and want a midnight snack. If you have a pre-made samosa, you can enjoy it!
Now, let us look at the ingredients.
1) 1 teaspoon powdered turmeric
2) 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
3) 2 teaspoon carom seeds
5) 2 cups of peas
6) 2 inches ginger
7) 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
8) Black pepper as needed
9) 1 cup of chopped coriander leaves
10) 2 teaspoons of coriander powder
11) 4 cup of all-purpose flour
12) 4 tablespoons of ghee
13) 4 potatoes boiled
14) 2 green chili
15) 5 cloves of garlic
16) 2 teaspoon of red chili powder
17) 2 teaspoon of dry mango powder
Now that you know the ingredients
1) Pour oil on a pan with medium flame. When heated, introduce cumin seeds and wait till the seeds change color. Add ginger, garlic, salt, and green chili paste.
2) For making the dough, combine all-purpose flour with salt, cumin seeds, and black pepper. Add ghee and now start to knead the dough. Continue till the dough is firm in texture.
3) Tear out small sized pieces from the dough and roll them into balls. Flatten these using your palm. Ensure they have a round shape before cutting them in half. Moisten your hands in water and press the edges to seal them and to give it a conical shape.
4) Heat some oil in a pan and deep fry all the samosas. Continue until they have turned golden brown and are crisp.
5) Serve hot with your dip of choice.
As you can see, you can make it at home quite easily! We hope that you have enjoyed reading it as much as we have enjoyed preparing the recipe for you.
Created on Jan 9th 2019 08:37. Viewed 126 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.