How to Link Amazon Alexa to Spotify
by Emily Johnson Technical Advisor
Alexa has just made the music experience on Spotify even better. If you love listening to music, then you must have heard of Spotify. It is a music streaming service which has every song you would ever want. Now with Alexa's compatibility to connect with Spotify, your music experience is going to enrich.
To connect Alexa and Spotify, keep following the mentioned steps:
The first thing you are going to need is a premium Spotify subscription, as Alexa can only access your Spotify playlist if you have a premium Spotify subscription. Spotify now provides a 3-month free trial for its premium subscription, so you should definitely give it a try.
To get a premium subscription:
- Visit the official website of Spotify.
- Provide your email address or Log In through Facebook.
- Re-enter the details after confirming.
- Choose a strong password.
- (Optional) You can opt a nickname for your account too.
- Provide your Date of Birth.
- Choose your gender.
- Press on Captcha.
- Press the Sign Up option.
After creating a Spotify account, the next step is to subscribe for a premium account. One good thing for you is that Spotify now offers a 3-month free trial for the new users. To opt for the premium subscription:
- Tap on the Get 3-Month Free trial.
- Provide your credit card or Log In to Paypal.
- Tap Start to get your free 3-month trial.
To connect Alexa with Spotify, you are required to connect both the accounts. First, make sure that your Echo is on and connected to a working Wi-Fi. Then:
- Open the Alexa app on your device.
- Press the Gear option present at the bottom right.
- Open the Settings tab.
- Choose Music and Media.
- Locate Spotify and click Link Spotify Account.
- Press the green icon Log In to Spotify.
- Log In on your Spotify account.
- Read thoroughly through the terms and conditions and press I Accept when you are done.
- Carefully read the privacy policies and then press Okay.
- You will get a notification that the Spotify account has been connected. Close the screen by pressing X.
Echo has Amazon Prime Music set as your default music provider. To experience Spotify fully, you first need to set it as your default music provider. You can do this by:
- Open the Settings tab.
- Open Music and Media.
- Press on the blue icon that says Choose Default Music Service.
- Choose Spotify and press Done.
You are now capable of using Alexa's voice commands to control your Spotify account. Play any song of your liking and let Alexa do the work for you as you control it.
You can select, skip, play, or pause songs. What's more, is that you can create playlists of your choice.
- Connect Sonos to Spotify and Alexa
If you want to enhance your music experience even more, then connect your Sonos speakers to Alexa and Spotify. You can do this via the Alexa app. Make sure that both Sonos speakers and Echo are on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network. After that:
- Open Alexa and press the three-line option present at the top left of the screen.
- Choose Skills.
- On the search bar type Sonos and choose the Sonos skill.
- Press the blue Enable option.
- Press Continue.
- Provide your Sonos account information and press Sign In.
- After getting the confirmation you have to say, Alexa, discover devices.
- Select Sonos.
- Open the Sonos app and press Add Music Services.
- Choose Spotify.
Now all three of Alexa, Sonos, and Spotify will function together. The music experience you will receive from this is going to be amazing. Just tell Alexa what to do, and you sit back and enjoy.
Emily Johnson is a Norton product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as norton.com/setup.
Source Link: https://emilyjohnso731.blogspot.com/2019/08/how-to-link-amazon-alexa-to-spotify.html
Created on Aug 27th 2019 01:23. Viewed 351 times.