How to Install Netgear WN2000RPTv3 WiFi Range Extenderby Olivia Extender Support for Linksysextender
Netgear WN2000RPTv3 range extender is the ultimate of eliminating dead zones and blind spots. The smart WiFi range extender has a maximum speed of 300Mbps. Netgear WN2000RPTv3 extender delivers continuous and uninterrupted WiFi range even in those areas where your main WiFi router fails to deliver.
New extender setup is quite a simple task to perform. You just to keep one thing in mind that during Netgear extender setup, do keep the extender and your main WiFi router in reach of each other so that your WN2000RPTv3 can receive active and live internet connection from the router.
Once the setup and installation of your Netgear range extender are completed successfully, you can place the existing router and your WiFi range extender to your preferred location.
The Netgear extender installation and setup can be easily done in 2 ways:
- Using WiFi-Protected Setup (WPS).
- Using Netgear Genie Setup Wizard.
Using WPS Method:
- Plug your Netgear WiFi range extender into an electric wall socket.
- Make sure that your WN2000RPTv3 is plugged into the range of your WiFi router.
- Wait for a few minutes for the LED lights on your devices (router and the extender) become solid green. And, if they don't, just push the power button on your devices one by one.
- Now, head towards the WPS button on your range extender and push it.
- After 5 minutes, press the WPS button on your main router as well.
And, this is it. In this simple way, you can configure your range extender using the WPS method.
Note: To prevent any connection issue, make sure that the firmware on your router and the range extender is up-to-date.
Netgear Genie Setup Wizard Method:
- For using the Netgear Genie Setup wizard method, make sure that your computer or laptop is connected to your WN2000RPTv3 extender properly using WiFi or wired Ethernet connection.
- Once you have connected your computer or laptop to the range extender successfully, please launch any web browser of your choice in it.
- After that, into its address bar, please type mywifiext.net carefully.
Note: If the web address mywifiext.net not working, then use 192.168.1.250 instead. Conversely, if you still cannot open mywifiext.net, then close your web browser – clear cache, cookies, and the browsing history – restart your computer or laptop, and consider accessing the mywifiext.net login page from a different browser.
For more query related to mywifiext, dial our toll-free number 1-888-674-6890 and ask our technical executives for mywifiext.net support.
- Now, the web browser will redirect you to Netgear Genie setup wizard screen.
- The displayed screen will ask you to choose the 'if you want the help of Genie Setup Wizard' option. Click on Yes once done.
- From the list of networks available you will be now prompt to choose the name of your existing WiFi network whose range you want to extend.
- Enter the security key or password and proceed towards the next step.
- If you wish to change the settings, select the use the same security mode and password as those for the existing network option and click on continue.
- At last, click on finish and complete the Netgear extender setup process.
For any query related to the setup process of Netgear WN2000RPTv3 WiFi range extender, simply write to us at email@example.com and ask for Netgear extender support.
Created on Aug 23rd 2019 02:37. Viewed 300 times.