How to Install macOS 10.15.4 Catalina Public Beta 4 on Mac
by Emily Johnson Technical Advisor
Apple has recently released the Beta version of macOS Catalina 10.15.4 for Mac users and especially for developers as a primary step of testing this version of Public Beta. It is released just prior to the release for its users. It’s the best time to install the OS if you wish to test and prepare for its actual release for the public. The developers should have to check every section of this newly released OS on their Mac devices.
Below are the instructions that the user can follow to get it downloaded on their Mac device prior to the date of the official release:
Creating Full Backup of Mac device
- First and foremost, take your system USB, Thunderbolt cord, and FireWire and then connect your device to an external Hard Disk.
- After that, hit the “Apple” logo there located at the top left-hand side edge of your Window.
- Next, tap on the “System Preferences” section by navigating the pull-drop menu.
- After that, hit the “Time Machine” option located inside the page of System Preferences.
- Then, activate the Time Machine to proceed.
- Now, press the option “Select Backup Disk” and tap your desired disk that you wish to use.
- Next, your Time Machine will automatically remove all the Hard disks for backup, and the process of backup will initiate in a while.
Note: The process of backup may take more time as per the number of backup files on your system.
Downloading macOS Beta Version of Catalina on your Mac
Users have to browse the Apple website to perform downloading operation of developer beta on your device. The instructions are very straightforward and easily understandable.
- In the beginning, open any of the browsers and then visit the site of Apple “developer.apple.com.”
- Then, tap the Enter key there.
- Press the Discover button.
- Now, locate the option macOS and once find the same hit on it.
- Press the Download tab there.
- Now, you will be asked to get Signed In to the developer account.
- Next, scroll down and hit the Install Profile tab for downloading the beta 10.15 edition of macOS. The file will download on your device automatically.
- After that, launch the Downloads page and then choose Beta utility option related to macOS Catalina.
- Double-tap on the “macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.pkg” to run your program installer
- Once the installer completes the process of Downloading, the System Preferences will automatically scan for any recent update to install.
- Once found, hit the “Update” tab to install the developer beta software on your Mac device.
- When the device downloads the software automatically, it initiates the installation procedure on your machine.
Checking for the Developer Beta Manually
Sometimes, the updates of developer beta don’t appear in the list of Updates section. In this case, it is recommended to perform some manual operations on your device to find it.
- At the start, you have to reboot your Mac device.
- Then launch the App Store on Mac.
- Now, press the “Updates” button there.
- The process might take several minutes to complete the whole task. If you wish to check the downloading process, then navigate to the Updates tab located inside the Mac App Store.
Installing Developer Beta of macOS Catalina on Mac
Once you have successfully downloaded the updated edition of public beta, then it’s time to install the same on your device to get all the benefits related to it.
- First and foremost, tap the Continue button.
- Then, hit the Terms and Conditions related to Apple guidelines.
- Now, press the Install button there.
- Abide by the onscreen instructions to get your beta 10.15.4 installed on your device.
- The device will restart automatically for further process to save all the changes. You will view a progress bar along with the Apple icon having a dark screen.
Installing and Running macOS Catalina on Partition
If you wish to run your device in tandem with current OS, then you have to follow some workarounds on your system. This action will help you to keep your data from getting infected or corrupted.
Pursue these straightforward steps to install your macOS beta edition in partition:
- First and foremost, you have to create a partition module on your system.
- Hit the Continue tab there.
- Follow all the terms and conditions.
- Choose the option “Show All Disks” to turn from the primary partition.
- After that, select your desired partition on which you want to install your software.
- Tap on the install button.
Getting Started with the Developer Beta of Catalina
- Hit the Continue tab.
- Log in with your secured Apple ID and passcode. Then iCloud will automatically sync your system to other documents.
- Press on the tab, “Get Started.”
- Now, you will be brought to the home page where you can avail of various benefits regarding beta developers.
Created on Mar 6th 2020 00:10. Viewed 147 times.