How to Get Rid of (Error -6123, 0) While Opening a Company File in QuickBooks in Single User Mode?by Jude M. Pro Advisor Error 6123, 0 can occur because of improper network setup or if there are any issues with the company, data file. you can utilize QuickBooks File Doctor to fix this error however, in some cases, the error does not resolve using QuickBooks File Doctor in that case you can call QuickBooks Error Support Number (844)-888-4666 for advanced support.
If QuickBooks File Doctor was unable to fix this error then you can follow the given manual troubleshooting methods:
For Single User Mode:
Rename Configuration file (.ND) and Transaction Log file (.TLG)
- .ND configuration file allows you to access company file in a network while .TLG file allows you to access transaction log created by QuickBooks. You need to rename both of these files in this troubleshooting step.
- Open the company file saved in the company file folder.
- Rename the .ND file and add (.old) at the end of the name of the file.
- Repeat the same step for .TLG file.
- Now open the company file once again and check if it is opening properly.
Set permissions for the folder
- You need to provide full access to the QuickBooks folder on your Windows operating system.
Change location of the company file
- Sometimes you can get this error because of an invalid file path so you need to change the path of the file by moving the file to the correct location to resolve this error.
- Access the company file stored on your computer.
- Copy the .QBW file from that location.
- Go to your desktop, create a new folder, and paste this file into the newly created folder.
- Now open QuickBooks and access the company file from this new location.
Use Auto Data Recovery feature of QuickBooks
- If in case the file is corrupt there are, chances that running this tool and restoring .ADR copy of the file can resolve the issue.
Create a new user for the Window
- In this step, we will create a new user for the Windows as sometimes this issue can occur because of a corrupt login of Windows User.
- Click the Windows Start button.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Select User Accounts.
- Click Create New User.
- Make this an Administrator Account.
- Log out all other users.
- Reboot the computer and log in with the newly created account.
- Move company file to the desktop.
- Now open the QuickBooks application again and access the company file from the desktop.
A common company file error in QuickBooks Desktop application that displays an error -6123, 0 occurs either because of an issue with company file or possibly other software’s installed on the system are clashing with QuickBooks application however these are some common reasons but there are some other less known reasons as well that can cause this error.If you need advanced support and help from our experts call Quickbooks Desktop Help Phone Number (844)-888-4666.
Created on Sep 11th 2018 12:21. Viewed 693 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.