How to get rid of Bad Keto Breath | Keto diet kitby The Keto Kit Online ARE YOU KETO CURIOUS? A LOW-CARB NEWBIE? A KETO YO
If you have a partner or an honest friend, he or she might point out the pungent change in your breath. “Keto breath,” as it is affectionately called, is another one of the symptoms that occurs when your body switches from burning glycogen to burning fat. Described alternately as smelling like rotting apples, garbage mixed with nail polish remover, or pickled cabbage, you have only the ketones to blame. (A quick reminder: Ketones are naturally released by the body when you switch from carb-burning to fat burning.)
While there is not much you can do to completely eradicate keto breath if you want to remain in ketosis, there are a few things that will help lessen it and even mask it.
Here are five tips and tools to try:
1. Continue to drink water throughout the day to dilute the odor- Carry a water bottle with you everywhere to ensure you don’t forget.
2. Be careful with sugary gum and mints- These contain large amounts of simple carbohydrates and can make it impossible to maintain ketosis. There are keto breath mints, such as those by Kissable Keto, which are safe to consume while on the keto diet.
3. Watch your protein intake- In an attempt to avoid carbs, new keto eaters sometimes make the mistake of eating too much protein. Overdosing on protein creates a build up of smelly ammonia in the body, which can be detected in the breath. A good keto diet rule of thumb is 0.7–0.9 grams of protein per pound of body weight
4. Continue flossing and brushing your teeth and tongue twice a day- Good oral hygiene won’t eliminate keto breath, but it will keep breath odor from getting stronger.
5. Chlorophyll gel cap supplements are an easy, effective way to neutralize all body odors, including bad breath.
6. Breath freshening supplements- These are usually gel caps that contain a blend of peppermint or spearmint oil with parsley oil. They powerfully neutralize bad breath odors
7. Wait- When the body gets used to ketosis, bad breath often goes away. This usually takes a month.
Visit the Webiste: https://theketokitonline.com/ to know more about The Keto Kit!!
Created on Nov 25th 2019 23:13. Viewed 273 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.