How to Fix When Dell Laptop Touchpad Not Workingby Maria S. Consultant
Affix Dell laptop touchpad not working issue
Most of the Dell users are facing problem while using the touchpad. If you are working for a long and suddenly you lose the ability to use touchpad, it may hamper the work for sure and you won’t be able to continue your work. So better to update window and use latest version of the software to get away the problem of touchpad. So if you are finding yourself in a similar situation, fix your Dell Laptop Touchpad not working issue to get back your touchpad function properly.
Enable the Touchpad function-
· Touchpad of the computer stops working, when you mistakenly disable the Touchpad function. Some of the keys are dedicated especially for functioning of the system so keep the F9 Key for while to ease the problem.
Get in to the control panel or Dell settings-
- Re-Enable the Touchpad functionality of your laptop via control panel as Press windows key+R and then type Control and hit enter to open control panel.
- You will see a option of Hardware and Sound, you just need to click on Mouse and Touchpad.
- Next tab on Additional mouse option and check whether touch is enable or not if it is not click to enable it and restart your computer.
Update/Rollback Touchpad driver via Device manager-
Improper installation of windows and technical glitches in the driver, you may lose functionality of your Touchpad.
- Press windows key+R
- Then type devmgmt.msc and hit enter to open device manager
- In the Device manager, right click on Dell touchpad and select properties.
- Click on the update driver box
- In the next window, click on search automatically for updating driver software and wait for the new driver to be installed
Fix issue of Dell Laptop Touchpad not working with the help of above authentic steps. If none of the methods have resolved the issue for you it is recommended to contact to the customer support end for getting immediate solution or assistance from the team. Extend the security, optimize and manage the connectivity with the support team for Dell Laptop Touchpad not working.
Created on Dec 12th 2019 04:17. Viewed 201 times.